Sunday, August 5, 2007

Brayden's First Day of School


Yes I am late at this... but here it is. Isn't he handsome. Brayden started Kindersteps which is basically half day Kindergarten, but its for the kids who are not 5 by the cut-off. Then next year his teacher can either bump him up to 1st grade (ah!) or he can go to all-day kindergarten. He was really excited. I, on the other hand am a little unsure about Monday-Friday school from now until he is 18 years old. I guess my sleeping in days are over! Dang. The first morning was rough, he was tired, but then I changed his bedtime to 7:30, to which he responded, "but mama, its still light outside." Since then he has been waking up at 7:00 every morning, gets fully dressed, with his backpack on, and then comes to wake me up. I am so proud of him. Kosty gets so excited to drop him off in the morning and to pick him up. But in between, he walks around the house yelling, "BUBBA!"

11 comments:

Sheba Price said...

I know! It is so sad when the oldest one goes to school and the second child doesn't really know where they are! So sad when Kosty yells, 'Bubba!?' You are bringing back memories. It is hard waking up every morning when school starts. I never get used to it unless I set my alarm clock! This year we start school at 8:05 instead of 8:40! Man it is going to kill me. Chels Brayden looks so big in that picture! What a cutie! BTW, did he like school?

Michelle Y. said...

It is so sad when your child is in school all day, Tanner is an only child lately, but that will change soon. I am having my baby this Friday August 10th so I will see you at church today :)

Stefanie said...

wheeeerrrreeeee iiiissssssssss yyyyyyyyooooouuuuuuuuuu?!?!?!?!?!
maria and i are waiting for youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!

we've been sitting here staring at the phone alllll dddaayyyyyyy looooooonnnnnngggggg

Brittney said...

awe, he is so dang cute.
i cant believe he is going to regular school, what a big boy.
i love that he will get ready before waking you up! do you have an alarm for him? does he just wake up on his own? kosty misses his brother, thats so cute.
well, i must say he grew up to quick, and i will be sad the day i take libby to school. he is so smart, i bet the teacher will wanna bump him up to 1st grade, but i dont blame you if you wanted to keep him back:)
p.s. whats stefanies response all about? were you going to dads today? was something happening?

Chelsea said...

huh, stef? I guess I was unaware of the plans you and maria had with me! ?????????? I am thorougly confused. please explain yourself!

Britt, Hi. Stef is crazy. I have no clue what she is talking about. Yes Bray wakes up on his own (since I've been putting him to bed at 7:30) He is so sweet to do everything then get me. :) Did you have a good weekend?

Heidi said...

Oh man that is crazy he is going to school. I know I am going to be all emotional when Kelsie goes to kindegarten. I love that Kosty calls him Bubba!! That is so cute!

Swirls of Happy said...

What a sweetheart! You are blessed to have such a self-sufficient little man :) How sad, he is growing up so quick. I bet it is hard to have him gone everyday...I am not looking forward to that one day.

Brooklyn said...

What a handsome Little man! He has always been such a good boy! Poor mama... Our babies are growing up!

foreveryoung said...

What a big boy! He is so cute and I love how excited he is about school (let's see how long that will last, right? :) You can't forget to add how he wears his back pack around all morning, even to eat breakfast!

Anonymous said...

I can not beleive he is old enough to go to school! Yikes! It goes way too fast! But, he is just beautiful!

Rechelle said...

I just decided my kids are never starting school - not if it means I have to give up my sleeping-in time. Forget it there are some things that are just to sacred!