Wednesday, January 12, 2011

christmas countdown

We spent Christmas Eve at my Mom's house eating potato soup & opening gifts. Then we went home, put cookies and milk out for Santa, sprinkled the reindeer food on the grass and read a Luke 2 and a Christmas book. I wanted to sip hot chocolate and go look at all the Christmas lights but both the kids begged us to just put them to bed! They were so excited for the next morning!
we enjoyed another year with "Elfie", our Elf on the Shelf. This is the best tradition and I'm so glad we started it a couple years ago! The kids run out of their room in the morning to see where he landed. Jer and I even get pretty attached and are always sad to see him leave on Christmas eve.
pizza mart & temple lights, so very crowded that night...
Kosty drew the top picture (him kicking brayden to the ground while brayden is saying "no!") and Brayden made a sad face when he realized what the picture entailed. A few minutes later, Kosty set another picture on his lap. This time they were holding hands and smiling with a darling heart above their heads. (I love when he draws hearts, don't know why but there is something so cute about it).
ah, the gingerbread house. Jer called me a scrooge when he found me standing over the garbage with it the very next day. I don't like this kind of clutter in the kitchen! But; it stayed until Christmas.

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

That is so funny about the gingerbread house, I'm the same way. I always wonder why I even bother doing it b/c I'm the one who ends up decorating it when the kids get bored and then I can't wait to chuck it. But this post makes me miss Christmas already!