Sunday, January 23, 2011


today I gave a lesson on 'preparing for your eternal companion'. Ironic to give, since I never prepared for mine. I wish I had. But, I wasn't even thinking about marriage when he came along. Having been inactive for so many years and dating boys that were no good, I found myself (young as I was) at a fork in the road: Jeremy had appeared at the same time I was contemplating my ex boyfriend. whoa, whoa, whoa. what my life would have been had I chose the other path. surely I would be divorced and miserable.

I know that Heavenly Father knew where he wanted me, and he knew what it would take to get me there. Soon after Jer and I started dating, he picked me up & took me to church. I had missed it. Now here we are married 10 years, sealed in the temple to our beautiful and wonderful little boys. I'm right where I need to be, and forever grateful for the man that took me in; seriously imperfect as I was. I remember one day about a year ago, I was sweeping the floor, and all of a sudden it just hit me like a ton of bricks: Heavenly Father's hand is guiding us through this life. His hand is in everything. He tries to reach out to us and steer us along. He wants us to make good choices. He wants whats best for us. He wants us to be happy, because he loves us.

I told the Beehives that picking your husband is the most important decision they will ever, ever make. I couldn't stress it enough. And I tell my boys that too. I surely hope when the time comes that they pick lovely, kind women with strong testimonies, and pure hearts. I want to protect them from every bad thing on this earth, and I know that who they marry can either make them or break them. What pressure! And the scary part it that we have no control over who our they will fall in love with. But I feel assured that as long as they are surrounding themselves with good people, and doing good things, they will make the right choice.

on another note: I'm so excited, I found two other ladies in my ward with kids that go to Brayden's school. I now only have to drive him one week out of every three. Kosty is also carpooling this week, and I am so happy that I do not have to even step foot inside my car if I don't want to. I really was starting to feel like 90% of my day is spent in my car. I have big plans of finishing my blurb book, organizing a few things, cleaning out my car, and getting dressed only if I feel like it. Happy Monday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is definitly a stero-type surrounding girls who get married at 18... because i was one of them. i had no plans of getting married but lando came along. oh goodness i am so so so so so glad i married him.

you see really, truly happy with jeremy. we are lucky, huh?

Anonymous said...

seem*

Stefanie said...

yeah i think jer is a keeper

Michelle Y. said...

It is so scary that so many of us make the most important decision in our life at such a young/immature age. We lucked out :) It was great to see you this weekend!

Kelly said...

Love this post.. It is so true! My path was a little different, but I would'nt change it.. it has made me who I am today.
It's so funny how Our Heavenly father has our lives all figured out for us, we just have to be willing and open to recieving his blessings.
I was married @ 18 had a baby, my husband was baptized and 4 years ago we were all sealed to eachother. Crazy.. cause when I met travis I had no intentions of "converting" him or even going to church.. but certain Trials brought us closer to our lord. Love this post.

foreveryoung said...

Great words of wisdom, and I'm sure it's that knowledge that he really does have a plan for you and wants the best for you that helps you get through those crappy "no baby yet" days. Those beehives are lucky to have you in there!