Time is something I used to think there was never enough of. Now, I have a lot more. And next year when Kosty goes to all day school, I will have even more. I constantly think about the best ways to use my time. Sometimes I think I fill it very well (running, mopping, laundry, and blurbing--wednesday). But then there was Tuesday: staying in my pajamas all day long with a heating pack on my cramps and a remote in my hand. Loser.
This year is great. I have 3 hours daily of alone time. Housework, running, volunteering, planning lessons, reading, grocery shopping, blogging, bill paying, etc etc etc--have kept me plenty busy.
Next year will be different. I will have 8-3 everyday to myself, not what I had pictured. My mind is heavy with ideas of whether I should get a part time job or go back to school. I feel like that is more than enough time to for the regular mom stuff and I will want to be more productive. I didn't plan on this free time coming to me so soon. I wish it didn't. I had 'planned' on spending at least 5 more years having kids and not worrying about what else to spend my time doing. I would so much rather be spending my time doing what I love the very most: raising babies. hmpf.
But, life is strange. I am on His timetable and goodness I don't understand it sometimes, but I have to keep the faith that He knows me best. He knows what I need best. He knows best.
So for now, I'm open to brilliant suggestions (in the job or school realm).
**don't get me wrong...I know so many of you are thinking how 'lucky' I am to have extra time. It definitely is something to look forward to when your last baby goes to school; when you are done with having babies.


10 comments:
I say a lot more lunch date with your ol' friend Jenna...heck we could even add in shopping and movies!! As far as job or school...I am not good with that help, I hate the sound of school but you know me I have never been a school person. But if I could I wouldn't mind having a part time job!!
it's funny how life is so different for each person. as i read your post, i thought "what a lucky gal to have so much free time". i'm sorry that it's not what you want.
love you and school or work would be great. school might be better for the long run and work better for the short run. what priorities are most important now?
I am jealous of your time!!! Lucky lady. I would def. suggest school. Education is the one thing that no one can take away from you and it is IMPORTANT!!!! Take it from someone that is still in school with babies at home...it is HARD and not FUN. Take advantage of being able to go to class, do homework, and then some with all your quite free time.
school school SCHOOL!
and more shopping days with yo fave sis (me, duh)
Do something you love but never dreamed you could do, grow your jewlery buisness. Teach yoga or dance. Be a personal shopper (you have amazing style)
Use all those talents you are blessed with.
^agree with bekah on all accounts.
I have so been there wondering what I was going to do, sometimes things happen when you least expect it. You are so cute and talented I say do something you love!!
SIGH......Time. If I had time, I would learn guitar....for you, get back into dance? teach a little girls dance class? you are such an amazing mom and wife. xo
When life is crazy we all wish for those days where we can lay around, but agree, sometimes too much free time is overrated and it's nice to feel productive. Good for you for being ambitious. I don't think you can go wrong with school and if you're looking for a job I love some of those suggestions (like yoga and teaching dance) but it would also be fun to develop new talents like a photography class, and if I could I would love to volunteer in classroom more and take amazing fieldtrips to Albertsons.
You are so talented and creative, I'm sure there's nothing you can't do! The possibilities are endless for you! Your boys are lucky to have you!
by the way, I got our table/chairs at world mkt. (and they are on sale until the end of Jan.)
Post a Comment