
I wasn't super thrilled about Scouts, and I have no idea why. Maybe I was thinking about my lack of sewing abilities and all those lovely patches. Brayden LOVES going to Scouts. The same day he turned 8, I had two darling little boys at my door on their scooters asking to pick Brayden up for pack meeting. I was so happy to see little boys at my door again. They all ride their scooters together every Wednesday after school. Brayden is learning all kinds of good things; one of his acheivements was to make dinner and do the dishes. Um, awesome. He's picked up litter in the neighborhood, learned about tools, made a birdhouse on his own, planned healthy meals for a week, helped make his derby car, etc. What a fabulous thing to be a part of. He also tucks in his shirt and combs his hair right before every meeting. He says he is aiming for the "most groomed scout" award.

6 comments:
I was over the scouting program when I served in Primary in Oregon. I had a bad attitude about it for sure. I don't even have boys why did I need to go to training meetings and round tables and know the difference between a bear and a wolf. But you know what, my heart softened for sure. I think scouts is a very inspired program!
This is what I needed to hear, because I have been dreading scouts (and maybe now I won't be so cheap when they are always asking for donations :). What a handsome little scout!
First of all I love your no jean challenge... I am in need of just the opposite, a jean challenge. I'm too guilty of going to the gym and hanging out in the workout clothes or just throwing something comfy on in the morning and running out the door! Jeans for two weeks staight... wow, would be tough!
I loved your marriage post too! SO true!!! I don't think I had a clue what an important decision who I married was until later down the road after I was married and realized how lucky I was to have him!
You Inspire in many ways!! :)
I too dread SCOUTS.. Harley's is @ 6pm and my ward Boundrys are crazy.. So I have to drive him 2 main streets away, and there are not that many boys his age in my ward. So its a HUGE struggle. Plus the scout store is so far. and I too can not sew or iron on.. I really need to get better at taking him, cause a lot of the days, i just tell him to stay home. And i know he Loves going. It's just a hard ward we are in. bummer.
handsome scout!!!! i love how he's aiming for the most groomed scout award! and a dish do'er?! yes please:)
Okay, i always forget how much I love your blog until I'm on it. It needs to be a daily to do for me.
I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying scouts. how ironic that something I dread is my boys being in scouts together and how my life will become more busy with things i might not care about. But YEAH...i have felt this way out of ignorance. so glad to hear it's been a positive thing. how could it not rt?
your dinner rolls looks like a piece of heaven. can we make them together sometime? ;) I'll teach you how to make my mother's famous orange rolls from scratch and you teach me those puppies.
love your story on marriage. love you and your husbands love- so pure, so real, all based on REAL things in life that are everlasting.
someday we will find time to meet up my friend!
XOXO
Post a Comment