Monday, February 9, 2009

creepy mama

I am totally hesitant to post this, but it has to be done. I don't want you all to think I am sick and twisted... but eh, who cares. This is a memory that has to be shared. I don't know who is more twisted actually, me or my boys!

So, a looong time ago, Jeremy and I rented "The Stepford Wives." For those of you who haven't seen it, basically its about a bunch of perfect wives that turn out to be programmed robots, designed by a man who wanted the "perfect" wife. At the end of the movie, after his plan falls apart, the robot wives come at him looking pretty creepy, wide, glazed over eyes, heads tilted to the side, huge creepy grins...you have to see it to know what I'm talking about. Just picture CREEPY! So after watching it, I thought it would be funny to reenact the scene to Jer, and pretend I was the creepy robot wife coming at him. Well, it freaked him out, and it was hysterical. Every once in a while I would flash a little "Stepford smile" at him, just for kicks. Cause I'm a good wife that way.

One time Brayden saw me do it & he was hooked. He named it "Creepy Mama," and started asking more and more for me to do it. At first, I tried to avoid it, I mean it goes against everything a Mother should be! Frightening your child, making them run from you! Worrying that YOU will become their bad dream! But he begged, and pleaded, and got Kosty sold on the idea as well. They both know that Creepy Mama only comes out at night, so lately almost every night after dinner, they both begin the begging, "DO CREEPY MAMA!" Brayden even requests, "OK, now walk towards me slowly." Then the giggles, screams, running and hiding all over the house begins. Brayden's favorite is when creepy mama follows them into the bath, they dash in & throw the curtain closed, only to open it and see me RIGHT THERE at eye level. BOO! It even freaks ME out. Oh, man, I have to admit its a little bit fun to see them squeal.

Sweet dreams now!
xoxo,
Creepy Mama

(now please erase this image from your mind before its burned in there. Plus I know you will want to laugh at me the next time you see me. Please and thanks).

14 comments:

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

HAHAHAAHHA ARE YOU KIDDING ME CREEPY MAMA??!!!!! I am laughing so hard right now- dangit i just peed my pants! Oh the stories you tell my friend...I think I need to see this 'Creepy Mama' movie...REALLY!!

Stefanie said...

Creepy Mama:
Saw the movie, and thought it was very clever, indeed. Oh, how i wish i was a Stepford wife!
and i'm sure you imitate one pretty well. proud to say your my sis!

Julie and Matt said...

Oh my gosh, I have got to see you do Creepy Mama! That is hilarious! I love the picture too!

Brittney said...

hilarious!!!! what goofy boys to request creepy mama. you are so silly with them, its adorable.

Jaime S. said...

ha. when i saw the title of your post i was so nervous that you were talking about the email we all got ; )

Bekah: said...

chelsea next time we see each other I will too request what your boys do, so be ready.

teehee. what a riot!

Tawny Antelman said...

hahahahahahahaha! I actually can see brayden doing this exact same face!! I think its more of a funny face than a creepy momma face.. but the face fits "YOU" perfectly! hahaha I'll have to rememeber this for a california nightly laugh!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

I didn't know you taught dance. I thought we were PP's and you would have told me by now.
thanks.

Anonymous said...

I love this post!! That is what makes having little boys fun! And I do love your face. :)

Anonymous said...

Wait, you teach dance?? Really? Please share the info?

Chelsea said...

No, no, no...I don't teach dance. I just recently took a hiatus from my own ballet class that I was TAKING. Not teaching. Sorry about the confusion!

foreveryoung said...

Great, you know I can't even watch the news before I go to bed because it gives me bad dreams and now I'm going to have to ban your blog before bed time too! Ha! It is definately creepy-esque and you know I'm going to make you do it in person, so be prepared.

Suni said...

Creepy mama....that is too funny!!

harmon family said...

YOu look like a stepford wife (beautiful) and so does your house (perfect). I love your blog; so entertaining:)