Sunday, February 22, 2009

Disneyland!

Disneyland = the best day of my life.
{ok, one of them}

I may have been a little crazy excited, I may have had a grin ear to ear, I may have run/skipped all the way up to the gates. Disneyland most definitely has not lost its magic! Jer's family came along for the fun too. Jer's mom scored rooms at the Crowne Plaza for $55 per night from Priceline.com, and we got park hopper tickets from a guy we found on Ebay, for $49 per person! a steal!

after some minor packing adjustments, we were on our way. (Brayden's suitcase: 99% stuffed animals, 1% clothes).

Brayden jamming to the Tap Tap game song (he knows every word)

After Red Robin and a dip in the spa, we got ready for bed!

7:30 am wake up. Disneyland is waiting, and only Kosty would refuse to get dressed due to his disapproval of the shirts I packed for him. Dang kid!!

Mickey and I having a moment in the hotel lobby

it was pouring all the way to Disneyland!! we were a little nervous. The boys were just as excited to ride the shuttle with no seat belts as they were to enter the Happiest Place on Earth.

me and Cede

Kosty studied the Disneyland map all the way there. Then he hopped on Zach's shoulders and studied some more!

























as soon as we got there, the rain had completely stopped and NEVER came back!! What a miracle!

can you believe Disneyland does not have double strollers!? even Sea World does! the boys decided to make their own.

(these pictures are totally out of order but for my sanity's sake, oh well!)
my prince and I in front of the castle (too bad its too dark to see it!)
the teacups!!

Kosty was dying to meet Jesse and Woody but of course was too shy to even look!
Monster's Inc. (inside CA Adventure) was such a fun ride, it was Kosty's favorite!! We rode it twice, while the brave ones rode the Tower of Terror.

Kosty and I hit up the Jungle Cruise and It's a Small World while the big kids rode Indiana Jones.



Autotopia was one of their favorites too!

The rockets with Bompa

What a day! It was an absolute blast. We were hoping for just walking onto the lines like so many people had told us we would, but we did wait about 20-30 minutes at most for about 3 of the most popular rides. Not bad. I will never go there in the summer again! Brayden insisted we ride Space Mountain as the "grand finale." What a good way to end the night. It was a total blast and it was his favorite ride! He even raised his hands in the air and yelled! I remember it took me many, many years of my dad coaxing me before I finally worked up the guts. I watched Brayden in line, and was shocked at how relaxed he was! I was a nervous wreck the first time I rode it! He was even dying to go on Splash Mountain and was bummed that it was too cold for him to get wet. Where this kid gets his nerve, I don't know. He surprised me. Kosty's favorite was Monster's Inc. and Buzz Lightyear. Both the kids thought the scariest ride was the Matterhorn, which was one of my favorites as a kid. Oh, and Brayden wasn't a fan of the Haunted Mansion either. He closed his eyes, looked down, and had his ears pinched shut for the entire ride. Pretty funny.We had plenty of popcorn and churros and both boys were on their best behavior, even Kosty, another miracle. I am so grateful we finally pulled it together. And I already want to go back. Disneyland, I miss you!


14 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like fun! I love Brayden's packing job! :) Wish we could have went! Maybe next year!

Nichols Family said...

Glad you guys had fun! Love all the pics but I have to say my absolute favorite is Brayden's suitcase full of toys! :)

foreveryoung said...

What a perfect trip! It totally makes me want to go, maybe we'll skip the cruise and head to Disneyland instead. I'm putting my vote in for Brayden's suitcase as the fave pic too!

Brittney said...

what a freakin good time it looks like you had!!!!! i am so jealous, i told scott, lookout disneyland in 2012! here we come:) until then, i will just dream about all the fun to be had. libby and tyson will be kosty and braydens ages, and it will be the best time. i cant believe how brave brayden was on space mountain! it sounds like it was fabulous weather as well! thats too funny brayden thought he would need all his buddies instead of clothing! how fun for jer's family to have gone too!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

I am laughing out loud sooo hard still at Brayden's attempted packed suitcase!! TOO HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! Awwww....DISNEYLAND??! For heaven sakes- and dang girl you got some good pictures too! Looks like you got one at every site and corner of the place. What a BLAST. I'm so glad you guys had fun and got this opportunity- YOU DESERVE IT GIRL. and ps- tell kosty we buried the word HATE for him so tell him it's long gone!

Angie Whitman said...

Looks like a success...and I think Disneyland is just as fun as an adult. It makes you feel like a kid again. I think Brayden and Makenzie have the same packing mentality...leave no stuff friend behind. I was laughing about Kosty not liking the shirt you picked out from him and it reminded me of the post you did of how sad he looked when you wouldn't wear his choice of clothing. What was it again?? At least he wasn't trying to pick out your wardrobe this time, right? He is too cute for words!

Anonymous said...

oh, how fun. kosty's little clothing issue cracks me up!

Tawny Antelman said...

I LOVE DISNEYLAND and I LOVE SPACE MTN.. thats my fav ride for sure and always has been.. i can ride taht one over and over so brayden has my pick on that one!!
I want to go to Disneyland so bad your making me jealous now!!
Glad you guys had fun though!!

Jenna Lee said...

Cute pictures... I must agree with everyone, I love the one of Bradens suitcase...classic!! And I love Huntington Beach, how fun that you guys went there as well, but it doesn't surprise me with Jers family, they love that place!!

Suni said...

How fun and what great memories! I can't believe you did it all in a day! Love Brayden's suitcase!

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! I LOVE Disneyland! Just from looking at this makes me want to go tomorrow!!
It looks like you guys had a magical time and I'm so glad. Plus, you are like the cutest mommy ever!

And thanks for the toddler bed advice. I forgot about that rule..I'm so glad you reminded me. I will do it!

Stacey said...

How fun! I love the suitcase shot!

Stefanie said...

ugh. jealousy. jealousy. jealousy. that's all i can say.

Pam Jorgensen said...

You need to tell me your "scoring great prices to Disneyland" secrets!! We haven't been since my 2nd born was 3...he's almost 11! That means my 3rd and 4th born have NEVER been! I'm a shamefully negligent mother