Have I mentioned Kosty is extremely resistant to change?
Have I mentioned Kosty is the most stubborn child on the planet?
Have I mentioned that {given the above traits}, he is not taking to potty training?
Ok, good. As if its surprising any of you.
Current status:
- Peeing in the potty. Only his special potty, and he demands we bring it everywhere we go.
- He screams and runs if you even attempt to try to show him the big potty.
- An accident here and there.
- You better not be anywhere near him when he goes, or he will quickly ask you to exit.
- If he has to poop, he will ask for a diaper.
- When we don't give him one, he poops in his underwear, or holds it. Ouch.
- I am tired of throwing away brand new underwear. And forget about trying to clean it out. Barf. Gag. Sick. Ewww.
- He does not want any praise, high fives, stickers, or treats.
- He wants it to be low-key and embarrassment free.
- He does not respond to bribes. (even my "I will take you to Target and you can pick out anything you want" bribe)
Any pointers?
{p.s. did I mention I've never seen anything cuter than his teeny tiny buns in whitey tighties}?

19 comments:
LOL!!! well, i have NO tips, but just keep doing what youre doing. it sucks to keep throwing the underwear away, but what else can you do? i had the most stubborn little boy in my class, and he would not sit or even try on the potty, then one day, it just clicked, and he did it. youre doing an awesome job. i cant believe you have to take that potty everywhere you go! lol. is it just in the back of the car ready for use? lol. omg, i am not looking forward to potty training whatsoever!
wow. i am FEELING FOR YOU TODAY girl. we are working on mylie too. it's rough. really rough. we started on monday and she hasnt gone #2 yet - weird i know. guess she just doesnt know what to do with it. wish me luck.
I am so NOT looking forward to this stage. I've heard boys are way more difficult than girls to potty train! Maybe make a sign with Kosty that says "DON'T come in, potty in use" Then everytime he has to go, he can put the sign on the door handle. Maybe he will think it's fun to put the sign up and feel safe that no one will walk in. haha i don't know. GOOD LUCK!
Can you make something up about Harry Potter and how any good wizard (is that what he is?) wears underwear?? Just a thought. Good luck...I hate potty training. I always wait till they are over 3 so I don't have to waste a lot of time; They just seem to understand so much more when their older.
hmmm
could you put your life on hold for a few days? buy something really cool/harry potter-ish for Kosty to earn?
Before you start, explain to him that you'll be staying home for 3 days and that if he can go on the potty like a big boy that he can earn it? Make it low key but also fun and exciting. So that he is excited to be home and to be a "big boy" Instead of focusing only on going potty make it a "big boy" week and do lots of "big boy" things together at home. But make it clear to him that he is being a big boy by going potty.
Would he respond to something like that or resist it?
Bryn is very,very strong willed too. I've found when I give her some power/control/responsiblity she responds much better. If I allow her to dictate the situation (within means) she handles it well. So if I prep her ahead of time and get her involved by giving her choices and options she handles the change so much better.
So I'll get a reward and explain to her that it is her choice to earn it or not. She will decide if she wants to take the initative to earn something. I'll give her two choice
You can choose to do this and earn this
Or not to do this and not earn the toy
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is too funny.... and he makes me laugh!! I am obviously no help in this area but I would enjoy going to lunch with you and having you walk up in with the potty. I can just see it now with his personality sending him to kindergarten with the potty... ha ha ok not really but kind of!!
There really is nothing cuter than those tiny diaper-less bums! If the bribes won't work, I don't know what to tell ya. Good luck!
Oh. potty. training.....all I can say is have fun and good luck! j/k Gracie wanted to be just like Abby so I always had her watch Abby go potty and it worked! Funny I was at the park the other day and at the picnic table this mom and dad were eating lunch with their kids and right by there stuff was the potty training chair....it made me laugh!
thanks for the tips girls!
jenna,
its in my trunk, you goober! and it stays in there!
suni,
oh that's funny, I saw a mom today loading groceries in the back of her car and she had a potty in the trunk also!
I did the naked thing with mine. I found that they had false security with ANYthing on and they got goodies when they were good and a spank *gasp, spit, cough/ gasp* if they peed on my carpet.
He will figure out sooner or later that going in the potty is better...I promise!
Chelsea, Tyler did the exact same thing. He would only go if I gave him a diaper or he would hold it for 5 days. So I finally bought him a bike, kept it in a box in the garage and told him once he pooped in the potty for 10 days straight he could open it. Worked like a charm. But you never know still...every kid is different. I was also one of those moms with a potty in the back of the car! Good luck!!!!!
Yes, little boy buns in tighty whities really are the cutest. Trevor was the easiest potty trainer ever and he was so excited about it. Tanner....it must be a second child thing. I worked SO hard on him so that when I had a baby he would be potty trained. Then the baby came and he totaly reverted back to diapers, wanting to be the baby, and I was way too tired and busy nursing to be strong enough to care. Good luck! I like Angie's comment. Are there Harry Potter underware?
hmmmm...pointers?? I HAVE NONE FOR YA! GOOD LUCK MY DEAR!!!!!!!
Oh man, I have no advise. I thought Kruz was gonna be tough, and he proved me wrong. He was a champ, and I can certainly agree, thier little buns are so cute. Has he picked out HIS OWN undies yet? My kids never wanted to ruin their "special" undies. And my the way, I think they are the cutest in their "briefs" underwear. Heidi A. told me about them and I love them. Good luck
Haha! This was so funny CHelsea :) Unfortunatley I do not have any tips because I myself have the daunting task of Potty Training soon as well, and I have a feeling Bentley is going to be like Kosty! Good luck!
Oh, geez. I really don't have anything for you. I know- after five you think I'd have something! It's just that every kid is sooooo different. Lilee was my stubborn one but she pretty much trained herself because she decided she wanted to be a big girl like her sisters. That's just it, though- SHE decided. Had it been me pressing her, I'm sure she would still be in diapers. GOOD LUCK!
haha!! Good read for me.. I am potty training Rex right now too. That's tough though when they don't care about the bribes, praise, or anything of the such.. All my kids have liked the "potty dance" after they went potty to celebrate.
He looks so cute on that potty! And I do not envy you for being in that potty training stage...it is no fun. Especially if he is a strong willed little guy! I wish I had some advice for you; but bribes are all I do so mine won't help.
But, I have to thank you for your advice about the toddler bed. I totally forgot about that and I did it and it totally worked!! YEA! Thanks a million!
hahaha! Oh Kosty! Stubborn but cute as can be... It takes away the stubborness! haha too funny though! I can see him doing all of the things you listed!
Post a Comment