Brayden got the stomach flu last Thursday night. He was so sad that he would be missing "Hollywood" Day at school on Friday. He asked me to please lay out his Hollywood outfit, and I had to tell him he would be missing it, as well as the Book Fair, as well as Happy Meal Day. Boo. Sad day for him to miss. Anyway, I told him that I would pick him up on Monday and take him to the Book Fair right after school. But, when 3:00 rolled around, I realized Kosty was dozing off on the couch for a much needed catnap, we had no pants for him to wear due to potty training accidents all day, I didn't have any checks which I thought were required, and my sister had just popped over for a visit. I thought to myself, maybe he won't remember, and if he does I'll just tell him it wasn't going to work that day. Sure enough, he walked in the door and asked immediately about the Book Fair. I told him all the reasons why we should go another day. Then he ran to his backpack and pulled out an envelope with my name on it. I opened it up and this is what it said,
"Hi Mama.
How are you?
I miss you.
I can't wait for the Book Fair.
xoxoxoxo,
Brayden."
And with that, I called the school, they didn't need a check, threw some pajama pants on Kosty, and we flew out the door. Oh, what a disappointment I almost was.
5 comments:
BAD mama. CREEPY mama. You BETTER have taken that kid to the book fair. I'll hunt you down. That's the biggest heart melter right there...
And tieing shoes...what a milestone!
ps-love your writing. You non dance teacher you.
what is the bfg? i love that he loves to read! i hope libby is a book worm. that is SOOOO awesome about his learning how to tie his shoes, i remember one of us learning how and it was so hard, and there are SO many ways, i wonder which way jer taught him, but his face was priceless when he figured it out. yay bubba!!!! glad you ended up not missing the book fair, you really try to keep your word with your kids, that means a lot and they will always remember that example you set, way to go. what a sweet note, who could say no to that after missing hollywood day and all?
Oh my! Don't they just melt your heart sometimes. What a good mommy you are! You always amaze me!
Man oh man... he is growing up so fast... now that is creepy. I love how hard he is concentration in the picture tieing his shoes.... and I am so glad he wrote you that little sweet not.... otherwise the poor little guy might not had made it back to the book fair!! And I was thinking maybe we can just come over in the morning for Valentines breakfast then we could head to our store... count us in Brax loves waffles!!
You say "threw pajama pants on Kosty" like it was so easy, but after hearing his melt down over sweat pants, I can only imagine the drama! I LOVE their little hand written notes, it's going to be a sad day when they stop. Hopefully the book fair was all he ever dreamed it would be.
Post a Comment