Sunday, September 30, 2007
the dreaded OOPS call
This morning my sister called, I was looking for the phone & found Brayden with it, so I just assumed he was answering it, but there was no one there. So I called my sister back & 5 minutes later the doorbell rings. I look thru the peephole & see a Police Officer. AHHH! Of course a million things are running through my head.... did something happen to one of my neighbors, was there a crime in the neighborhood... first he asks if everythings ok, & I say yes, then he says we got a hang up call & we are just checking to make sure everythings OK.
I had foreseen this happening when Brayden came home last week with the big 9-1-1 packet & a fireman had come to the school & taught them all about 9-1-1. I was afraid of this, so I explained, only in emergencies! The Policeman was very understanding & I felt like the lamest mom on Earth! Mind you this is is Sunday morning, just woke up, in my pjs, crazy hair, standing there humiliated & apologizing to a very handsome Officer! He was very kind to tell Brayden he did a good job but then clarified what a real emergency would be. Brayden just said, "sorry. I was just trying to practice."
I think he learned his lesson. I remember doing the same thing at his age, but they called back, not just came over! (by the way, comforting to know they were here in 5 min!) But I remember how horrible I felt & so I was careful not to make him feel the same... Happy Sunday everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Hilar! Chels, he is a brave one! "just practicing" what a goofball! I know what you mean about sunday morning. We are in our jammies, till an hour before we leave. Oh well! At least you do know the response time is good! Hah!
ha! ha! That was worth waiting until I got home from church to read! I love that he was "just practicing". Kylie had the same lesson in school last week too, so I may have to tell her this story just so we don't have any unexpected visitors at our door!
SO CUTE!!! I was telling everyone about it. Brayden is adorable, that is a hilarious story!!
Uh-oh, that is so funny! What a cute answer "I was just practicing!" You gotta feel safe though- if there is any problems he can call for you!!
I did the same thing at his age, my dad is a high school baseball coach and during his game I called 911 on the payphone and the police came to the high school. I was "just practicing" too :) I am just glad it wasn't a real emergency.
I dread this call! But, it is so funny to hear about. I guess you know it's over now and this will be a funny story for him!
hehe way to go bray!
that's ma boy!
he's such a goooooooooddddddd lad.
Those officers must get used to those hang up calls after all those kindergarteners learn all about 9-1-1! Tayler did the same thing last year, but she made the call at her cousins house, good thing they called back first... and then after she got in trouble she decided it was even a better idea to persuade her sister to do it instead.
I'm sure it was quite the exciting morning for Brayden!
What a cute little stinker. I'm wondering if the talk about what emergencies are helped? I'm not so sure my little stinker would get it... Anyway, Thanks for sharing, I needed a good laugh.
Post a Comment