Jer and I watched a show about the process of making pointe shoes and how they are hand made. I could not believe how much hard work & PERFECTION & time are put into EVERY PAIR. And they cannot be sold unless they are perfect. Its a rigorous & tedious process and like I said, each step of the way is done by HAND. No wonder they are so pricey. I am so fascinated with pointe shoes (well, ballet as a whole) but ever since I was young I had always wanted a pair. I just think they are so beautiful.
Everything about them. Whats not
pretty though, is the damage that they do to your feet! REAL Ballerinas sure have some gnarly feet. I am constantly amazed by how easy professionals make pointe work look. I mean the balance, grace, and flexibility is beyond me. They can move their bodies in a way that doesn't even look like it COULD PHYSICALLY be possible! and then they are on POINTE. SO Crazy. (I just love that pic of Paloma Herrera---gorgeous!)

12 comments:
Oh, that is Polera Horrero? I thought it was you. One of these days I'm going to come to your recital and watch you tear it up with your newly acquired point shoes! Wait, are you taking classes now? No classes, no recital, this could be a problem--get on it, Chels!
WOW! I agree, what girl doesn't secretly want to be a ballerina with preety point shoes? That is neat that they are hand made, and nice that Jeremy watched that show with you...Jason would have gone downstairs to watch UFC or something! Props go to all the ballerinas that have to endure that pain though, OUCH!
chelly-
thats awesome you are so passionate about ballet.
it is amazing how they make them by hand too, i didnt know that!
i wanna come see your next show, i am proud of you for sticking to your dream!
Did you start back up now that it's fall? I LOVE that picture as well. Such control and grace... You HAVE to read that article I told you about regarding pointe shoes. It is all about the "master" who makes the shoes for the Primo(or is it Prima) Ballerina. I'll give it to you when I see ya. I would love to see ya twirling and whirling as well someday!
I'm right there with you... always fascinated me. SO BEAUTIFUL. If you ever want to go to the ballet I'll go with you- It's not really Brandon's thing. I can't dance, but I love to watch people who can.
WOW! that is crazy! I love that you LOVE ballet so much! :) I think it is awesome! When do you start back up again?
Yah...and Jer watched the WHOLE show with you? dang...i cant get casey to watch any of my shows! :P
I agree...nothing is more beautiful than a wonderful ballerina on point shoes. I am so in awe of you for taking it up and going for your dream of having point shoes. You inspire me to keep dancing.
Chels I love that you love ballet so much! I did not know all of the work that goes into making them. I will have to tell my sis who loves point as well to read your blog. That picture is totally awesome! Keep on dancin'! I want to see your next recital for sure!!!
I just stumbled onto your blog... It is sooo cute! Your kids are beautiful! I all the pics down the side, it's so fun to see what you are up to...I also love ballet and am amazed at the shoes! It must be a girl thing, I just can't imagine having my feet look (or feel) like that. Check us out anytime!
Did you start back up yet? Thats awsome that you are so passionate about it. Thats so sad but funny about the train with kosty. Poor guy.
chelly, i dont know what to do on my blog, you say you are blocked out? why?? i dont know what to do:) call me and we can talk about it. if you go to snowflake the end of sept, do you think it would be stupid for me to go up sat afternoon, after the garage sale?
chelly is a beautiful ballerina
with poise and grace
she's got outstanding taste
her ability to stand on little blocks of wood is nothin but gooooood
she knows what's up in da hoood
and if she could..
she would...
dance with a fantastic sass
now, go catch me a delicious bass
a las!!!
Post a Comment