For example, he INSISTS on getting INTO the car all by himself. And then once he FINALLY gets in, he has to have his little proud moment, then has to put himself in the carseat too. If I even so much as give him the tiniest nudge, he screams at me. Its really annoying when we are running late!! But thats my excuse. And when we go places, he wont sit in the cart, & he rarely lets me hold him. He wants to walk around on his own like he is 15. It is a lucky day if he will hold my hand.
He HAS to get his own drinks too. Which means that I have to take him over to the cupboard & let him pick out his OWN cup, then back over to the fridge where I have to hold him up so he can get ice then water from the dispeneser. AHH! Multiply all of this by several times per day. This morning I made him pancakes. He HAD to put the butter on. Then he HAD to pour the syrup (NO!!) then he refused to even let me cut them up. But he can't do this part. So I insist on helping and then he tries to 'get rid' of me by pushing me off the bench. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I must lift him up to the silverware drawer too so that he can select his own cutlery.
Oh it is SO much fun. It is a trial, but at the same time I am just SO stinkin PROUD of him. My little stubborn, determined, wanna-be-independent, strong-headed, fiesty little guy. Its so nice of him that he ensures theres never a dull moment around here.

11 comments:
I LOVE the picture of him opening his candy wrapper...what a sweetie! I bet that is a bitter-sweet phase, but at least he is learning! He is such a sweet pea, I just want to squeeze him :) I am glad you are finally private...it is soooo much safer, and better safe than sorry!
chel- its time for a new baby... kosty rosty is growin up and he is trying to tell you he is not the baby anymore... that is too funny about his stubborn, yet independant self. i would be balling if that were libby... i never want her to grow up, but its bittersweet because you are so proud of them for learning and doing the things himself... what a cute little man. i love it. i hope you are home when i come by tomorrow, i was hoping to get a little refresher with kosty, so he doesnt forget the good times we had! LOL. cute pict of him through all the decor. he is so adorable.i cannot WAIT to see what the next one will be like:)
He is sooooo cute Chels! It fits him so well to be independent! I understand the patience thing too!
Oh- I totally understand what you are going through! Kale is the exact way and i am telling you it has put over the edge this week. Nothing is worse than running late to a doctor appointment and having Kale take 15 minutes to get inot the car or if i do it a 30 minute tantrum! Yikes! I think he was sent to teach me patience. Good luck and if you figure out any tricks with these little "strong willed spirits" let me know! :)
I 'm not sure that is just a phase...I don't think some kids outgrow that ever. If Coen gets some idea in his head then that is it. NOTHING can change it!!!!!!! I think some kids are just born with a little bit more SPUNK in them - isn't it fun?! It really does keep things entertaining though!
K guys, now you got me thinkin that this isnt just a phase, UH-OH... Kale, Coen, and Koston are all 'fiesty' and they are NOT all the same age.... maybe its the blond hair??? I am definitly seeing a correlation here!
This is all sounding too familiar--maybe because I'm STILL in this stage with Jayden (sorry, doesn't give you much hope, huh?) I must admit that I use the candy wrapper trick to keep him occupied for a long period of time. I recommend starbursts, they'll keep him quiet for about 10 minutes.
i made it to your blog. congrats on making it private!
I love all of the independence going on in your house right now! Kosty is just letting you know that he is the man and he will be handling things for now on! :) Too funny Chels! What a cutie! The pics are precious too!
chels, i know all too well EXACTLY what you are going through. wow my bryn is the same way. she is so headstrong, fiesty and independant. i love it about her, im glad she has such a spunky spirit. but sometimes it makes the day to day things so hard. so here is something i have learned but not yet mastered. bryn is so intense that if i react back with ANY intensity it totally escalates the situation. instead i use humor and be goofy and she reacts so much better! i have found that if i willing let her control some things she is getting better at letting me do some things for her.
he is just too cute! good luck adjusting to this new stage-
Post a Comment