Monday, September 3, 2007

Fishing With Dad

While Jer was in broker's school for 10 days, the boys & I missed him so much. He left at 9 am & didn't get home until 10:30 pm. Kosty would walk around to the back door & then the front door with his very whiny-sad voice saying "Da-da?" I said, "Sorry Kosty, he's at work." He said, "Noooooo." I felt bad for him b/c he just didn't comprehend. I told Brayden when he first started what the schedule was gonna be like & that Dada would not be home until he was already asleep. He said, "Are you serious?!" Poor babies. Then the next morning he brought Jer this piece of paper & they started drawing pictures of all the things Brayden wanted to do with him when he was done. It is just the cutest list, I want to keep it forever. First on the list was "Fishing with Dada." Brayden has never even been fishing, but has wanted to for a long time. So on Saturday Jer took him fishing. We have a small lake in our neighborhood, so a very short trip! They caught one fish the first day & then 4 more the 2nd day. It made me so happy to see them spend quality time together & Brayden was elated. I am so grateful to have Jer back and that he is such a good daddy to do all these things with him even though it was scorching outside.

"Things to Do With Dada" highlights from the list:



  • of course, fishing

  • playing baseball

  • skateboarding

  • ride bike with no training wheels

  • watch a show together

  • ride bumper cars

  • go out to lunch

  • play a game on the computer

  • play freeze-tag

  • eat cereal together

  • collect leaves
  • play hide-n-go seek

I guess Jer is gonna be busy the next few weekends! Maybe I should start a list of my own...


13 comments:

MommyRohner said...

Those pictures are GREAT! They deserve a spot on the walls, or on Brayden's dresser. Thank goodness they finally stocked the lake with fish.

Becky said...

oh my goodness! That is the cutest thing EVER! those poor boys, i bet they missed him! and poor you! What a good wife you are! :) Congrats to Jeremy for becoming a broker! YAHOO! :)

Brooklyn said...

Oh! Thats cute Chels! I know the feeling of a husband in school. Stinks, but it is a blessing. Good on Jer! I am sure it was tough, long days! I LOVE those pics Bray drew. I love kids art, what their minds can come up with. And I love the fishing photos in sepia. Jerron and Ky love to fish. Bo and Jeremy should go on the doc over here with the boys, they would all fun! Sounds like a busy, fun weekend. So nice your mom came down. I love family get togethers. Your were busy!

Swirls of Happy said...

I love that first picture...too precious! What a good daddy, and I bet Koston and Brayden had soooo much fun :) I bet that was so hard not seeing him...I always hate when Jason is sooo busy.

Melissa Stadler said...

That is so sweet and priceless. I love the simple "eat cereal with Dad." Sometimes it is all about the small and simple things. So cute!

Brittney said...

wow that is SO adorable, i think this is my favorite of your posts. this is the all time cutest thing bray has done. i LOVE the pictures he drew! he is such a good artist!
i think you should start a list of your own! LOL!!!
my favorite is watch a show! too freakin funny, i just showed scott and he thought it was priceless. i can only imagine freeze tag, do they play that a lot? eat cereal, awe so precious. he missed his dada. jer is the best dad, your a lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Chelsea, this is precious! It's a keeper! He is so cute, and what a good daddy to go fishing with him. How exciting that Jeremy is a broker. I am so excited for you two!

Sheba Price said...

You have to frame that pic for sure chels! Congrats to Jer! I am glad he is marking some of those things on the list off! What a great daddy! Your family is sooo stinkn' cute! Love it!

Tiffany said...

Very cute, and quite the elaborate drawings!

Bekah: said...

seriously i think you need to keep that list forever! that melts my heart! how incredibly adorable! i love it! hooray for jeremy for becoming a broker that is so awesome!

Jessica said...

Chelsea- I've decided to finally write on your blog! I always look at as a link from Bekahs! This is Jessica, her little sister. I love your blog so much and finally had to post! Your little boys are the CUTEST things! I hope you don't mind me blog eaves dropping!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh Chels those pictures are awesome. They are priceless. Your boys are adorable. I love that list. It is so sweet.

foreveryoung said...

Yes, that list is the cutest thing EVER! You better not ever lose that. Brayden is lucky to have such a great "Dada", they have such a cute relationship. I'm very excited that our HOA fees are going to something productive and can't wait to take the kids fishing there (when it's not so blistering hot). Oh, and I think you should definately make a list for you!