Friday, October 5, 2007

Birthday Boy

My sweet Kosty Rosty, I can't believe you are now my little 2 year old. When I was pregnant with you all I could think about was what you would look like, what your personality would be like... and I just couldn't imagine, so I just assumed you would look like your brother and act like him too. Boy was I ever wrong. You are so completely different in every way, and I couldn't be happier. How much more exciting it is to figure out your differences along the way. I love how different you are. I knew you had spunk early on- while I was in heavy labor, with every intense contraction, you would kick me as hard as you could while burrowing your head as hard as you could! (sound like Kosty, anyone??) I could not wait for you to come out and meet you! For many reasons!

Some of the things we love about you...

The way you fold your arms for prayers. You are always the first to stop whatever you are doing when we say "Prayers" you come, sit, & fold those cute little arms.

You started to sign before you could talk, you signed, "more," "milk," and "eat."

You are absolutely crazy in love with going outside. You love to ride bikes, and scooters, and especially LOVE skateboards. You maneuver surprisingly well on one!

You are such an athlete. You LOVE basketball, its so hilarious to watch you shoot hoops because of your near perfect form.

You absolutely LOVE animals. Every Sunday after church we take you to the horsies (right by our church) you especially adore horses. One of my favorite things to do with you is take you to Petsmart. You kiss all of the Kitty cages.

Scared Arms...You put your hands up around your chest to show when you are 'scared,' You are scared of a lot of things actually... tractors, birds, snakes, trucks, motorcycle noise, certain decor, Brayden's flat ball, loud volumes, etc... But its the cutest thing ever watching you do your "scared arms."

You LOVE babies. You always say, "ohhhhh, baby" whenever you see one and gently rub their heads.

You love to go "bye-bye" and are always the first one ready & then you get every body's shoes for them. I LOVE that.

You are such a good little cleaner too, you are always the first to put things away when I ask, and you actually enjoy it!

when Brayden does something mean to you, you forgive him instantly. What an example it has been for me to watch you. The second I 'break it up', you come right back & kiss him & pat his back.

I LOVE getting you out of your crib when you wake up from a nap. You let me snuggle you for a LONG time!

When you tell "stories," No one would understand them but me/dada. You point to certain objects/people while mumbling & I narrate for you-- I always know just what you are trying to say.

The pitter patter sound your adorable feet make throughout the house

How you dance in the car & demand specific songs over & over

Your determination & ambitition, nobody can tell you "can't!"

When we drop Brayden off at school & you say, "Elmo?" That is the first thing we do when we get home, watch Sesame Street.

Your bent little ears (they look just like they did when you were born, we love them!)

Whenever you hear the door open, you say, "DADA!!" (sometimes followed by, 'candy?')

You LOVE Nursery and always have

The way you skip-gallop all around the house

When you find your blankie after you haven't seen it in a couple hours & you just smother it & say "ohhhhhh, ba-pi!"

You are such a special boy. You have the most beautiful hair, the cutest little face, pretty olive color eyes, and dimples! I have to grit my teeth all day (britt & stef you know all about that!) I just think you are the cutest thing! I love your feisty personality and your tender heart as well. These past two years you have grown so much. You have made me grow too. You have taught me to be more patient. You are such a loved & needed edition to our home. I am so grateful that I was chosen to be your mama, and that Heavenly Father has blessed me with 2 precious little boys. I love you with all my heart. Thank you for being you. Happy Birthday Kosty!

19 comments:

Swirls of Happy said...

What a sweet post Chels!!!! I LOVE the slide show and all your favorites about him! He will read this one day and know how much you love him and what a good mama you are. Kosty is just as cute as ever, seriously...the cutest! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Shanen said...

Chelsea that was a sweet post. It almost had me in tears. Having a little boy is so precious. You are a lucky mom to have 2. He will love to know all these things later on in life. Happy Birthday!!

Brooklyn said...

Oh! This is sweet Chels. I love you wrote all this down. I LOVE his dimple too. and I know you have a soft spot for them! I love your list you made for him. Happy Birthday Kosty! Your a great mommy! ps. Did Kosty get our birthday sing along? check your messages!

Brittney said...

awe happy birthday koston~ that is such a sweet post, i love all the things you love about him. the pictures are so cute, he looked so different as a baby, we wondered what he would look like all the time, and now he looks like jeremy! there is one pict in there as a baby that you can see his face that he has now, he is such a cute little guy, we love him so much, and yes, the gritting the teeth, LOL, why do we wanna do that? did you get a hold of justin to come tonight? hope he does, see you at 5:30! i hope kosty likes my present:)

Becky said...

You are such a good little mama! Love the birthday tribute! he is a adorable little man! :)

Bekah: said...

chels you are such a great mom! all those things you wrote were SO sweet and sentimental, he will LOVE having that list someday! he was such an adorable baby! and he is gorgeous now! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Melissa Stadler said...

Chels - what a priceless post. I loved reading about the little guy - what a sweetheart. Happy Birthday buddy!

Michelle Y. said...

That was so cute and brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe our little 2 year olds are growing up so fast. A lot of the things you wrote remind me so much of Tanner.

foreveryoung said...

Now that was the sweetest thing, it made me want to give Kosty Rosty a big hug when I was reading it! He is such a little stud, I love that kid! It's amazing how they can have so much personality from day one. You really need to post the picture of him doing his mad skateboarding tricks! Happy birthday!

Randi said...

Can I have one of him? He is too cute!

Tiffany said...

I had forgotten how close in age our boys are, but it's coming back to me that you were due before me, then Will made his extremely early entrance. What a cute guy!

Sheba Price said...

Chels I remember when you were pregnant with the little cutie! I can't believe he is two! Happy Birthday Kosty! I love the little tribute! Man, Sophie and Kosty have a lot in common!:) My favorite items that sticks out in my mind right now is that he loves his blankie, nursery, Dadda, and horses. Not in that order, I am sure.:) What a fun little guy and it doesn't hurt that he is so stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful post to your little boy. he will love having this to read and know how much his mommy loves him! What a sweet little boy.

Kristin said...

That was so sweet! I am so glad that you shared that with all of us! What a great idea to do what you love about him! You are lucky to be his mom but he's lucky to have you too!

Kristin said...

What beautiful pics too!

Jaime S. said...

i'll spread the word on the b-day party

Crystal Caldwell said...

Oh how cute. I love the song that was playing too. oH nice gold digging outfit.

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh that is so sweet. I love the slide show. Those photos are so adorable and pricless.

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh that is so sweet. I love the slide show. Those photos are so adorable and pricless.