Saturday, October 27, 2007

Brayden is five...




My little Brayden is five. Yes, five. Wow. I can't believe 5 years ago, on a Sunday afternoon, that sweet angel arrived and changed our lives forever. I remember it so clearly. Jer and I were balling our eyes out. The heavenly, peaceful feeling in the air... there is absolutely nothing more blissful & surreal than the birth of your first child. I remember right after I had him, I said I would gladly have 10 more babies, I was so elated. (some still use this quote against me!) I know I have already told so many of his admirable qualities, but I could go on forever. This boy never ceases to amaze me. I am MOST grateful that he is my oldest & he will be an example to the rest of our children... (ah-hem Kosty!)

I love your eyes. Big and blue, the most beautiful shape. I LOVE how they sparkle. You have the longest, dark, curly, thick eyelashes. Everyone comments on them. (I wish I could say you got them from me, but no!)

I love when you wake up, the first thing you do is come snuggle up with us in bed.

You love to play with my hair. You are always twirling it or running your fingers through. It is SO cute.

Your little brain. You are always thinking. Always thinking ahead, and always have thoughts & questions running through your head. Nothing gets past you.

I love how excited you get over the small things. You love to mark your calender off every night, decorate for holidays, go to the grocery store, library, a new placemat, a new book.

You are so healthy. Sometimes you will ask if cookies, or brownies are healthy, & I have to convince you that its ok to have desserts sometimes! You ask me almost daily if the things you are eating are "healfy."

You are a sweet brother to Kosty. He watches every move you make. He thinks you are the coolest thing in the world. I love to watch how he stares at you & mimics you.

You are so responsible & independent. You HATE being late anywhere. (I am working on it!) The first thing you ask me every morning is if you will be late for school. You are so proud to get dressed on your own, pour your own milk, make your bed, and clean your room.

Speaking of clean. Your wife is going to really LOVE me someday! You keep your room spic & span, and nothing can be out of place. (it hasn't always been this way, he is trying to show me he is responsible enough for a pet.)

Your all time favorite breakfast is Cheerios. Not Honey-Nut, not frosted, not apple-cinnamon. You LOVE the good ol' plain yellow box. Classic. You won't even let me put sugar or honey on top!

Your favorite place to eat is Subway. Hands down. Turkey with provolone, mayo & olives on wheat. You would pick Subway over McDonalds, Chick Fila, Wendy's, ANYWHERE. And if I do take you to one of those, you always ask for the fruit cup or yogurt instead of french fries! (quite the shock for your ol Dad.)

You are so detail-oriented & a pure perfectionist. You hate making mistakes. You are really hard on yourself. But you try so hard.

You are so witty and clever. You love telling stories and jokes.

You are so photogenic. I seriously don't think you can take a bad picture!

You are a true Momma's Boy, through and through. Of course you love your Dada, but you defininetly have a soft spot in your heart for your momma. :)

I love your dimple, and your cute forehead, and the blond baby hairs around it!

I love that you love to help me cook, pretty much anytime I am cooking, you can be found sitting on the counter right next to me.

I love how you say prayers, and more often than not, your short simple prayer mentions something about, "please help Kosty to not ___"

I love that everytime we leave church, you ask me what I learned.

Obviously Brayden has me wrapped around his little finger. I have enjoyed him & loved him to pieces for the last five years. I am truly grateful for his special spirit, and that I know we have been blessed to have such a son. He is a one of a kind, and we learn so much from him. We love you Bray! Happy Birthday! (I will have to post the pics of his party later, after we recooperate!)

15 comments:

Becky said...

MAN! you are such a good mama! :) i love how you do such sweet tributes on their birthdays. All the pictures are adorable and a FABULOUS trip down memory lane.

I remember the night Brayden was born...i was on a double date with Jenna and Boyd and a friend of Boyd's. The night caught cut short because Jenna wanted to go and see you in the hospital. Seems like yesterday...i cant believe he is so old now.

You know he will just have gotten how from a mission and settling in when little miss mylie graduates from high school! :) HOOK UP!

Brooklyn said...

Oh! What a beautiful post Chelsea. Thanks for the b-day party! It was great and Jerron wants his bday there now too! He is so special, I love that little boy too! You are a wonderful mother, and he is a wonderful boy!!!!!

foreveryoung said...

Those eyes are killing me! Not to mention all those other wonderful qualities...what a sweet boy! It's nice to see a 5 yr. old boy that is not OBNOXIOUS and karate chopping everything in sight! I loved all of the pictures and I was surprised to see that he resembled Kosty a little bit when he was young. I didn't realize how blonde his hair used to be. I was, however, disappointed to see that the picture of you bringing him home from the hospital in your overalls was left out...You've definately got a sweetheart and just remember that I've called first dibs on him for Kylie!! Thanks again for a fun party yesterday! PS-try to get a nap today :)

Swirls of Happy said...

You and jeremy made the most beautiful babies, and I have to say that you are an amazing mom!!!! I can't believe all the sweet and cute pics, and also how old he seems now...my how fast time goes! I remember when Jerron and Brayden were like 2 and I went over to your house to get Jerron when Brooke was in the hospital with Kyler. I remember your guy's Megan Street and everything. Brayden is so cute and him and Kosty look so much alike when Brayden was that same age!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAYDEN!

Michelle Y. said...

Happy Birthday Brayden! The party was so fun yesterday. All day Trevor said over and over again, "Man, I love to bowl." and..."Brayden's dad and I are buddies." Jeremy is really good with kids and Trevor loved him. Brayden is so adorable and such a sweet boy. He is beautiful, it is unfair that a boy could be so pretty. He really does have the prettiest eyes and he is so photogenic. You are such a good mom!

Jaime S. said...

hey chel,

how was the party. sorry we didn't make it. brad sprang his ankle and I was taking care of him. i'm sure it was a good party.

Brittney said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY BRAYDEN!!!!!
I love the list of things you love about him. He is such a special boy, I cannot believe he is 5! Those pictures of him seem like an eternity ago! Its like, when did he grow up? i remember his cute neck rolls, where are they now?
I love you Brayden Figgins! Your a wonderful nephew!!! xoxo. I hope he likes my game!

Jessica said...

I love how you know so much about your little boys and you can tell what a great Mom you are. Its great that you notice so many wonderful things about them! They are gonna be heartbrakers! They are too darn cute!

Kristin said...

Once again I think you are the sweetest mom to share your thoughts about your first born. He was a beautiful baby! Still is but my, my, what a beautiful thing...

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I forget that all of our little guys are so close in birthdays! He is a cute little guy and seeing those pictures made me remember him that little! He sounds like a great kid!

Suni said...

How sweet!! He has the best eyes!! I love how he asks if it is "healfy".....thats what Abby says too! Cute pics!!

Angie Whitman said...

He is such a beautiful boy! It is so hard not to notice those eyes. Why is it that all the boys get eyelashes like that? Very sweet post. You have an amazing memory and you'll love having this all down to remember.

Stefanie said...

awwwwww seriously chel...this post is soooo cute!
i'm crying...i love bray..he is soooo special.love the song..so good..love the slideshow..EVERYTHING!!!
I LOVE BRAYDEN YES I DOO!!!
and i have his present.
:)
..wow...did i just post a NORMAL comment??
whoa..weird!

Tawny Antelman said...

UHMMM... where was my invite to his party? i am very upset! TELL Brayden happy late birthday for me and he needs to come play with me sometime!!!
i love his costumn this year it made me laugh.
you and jer look so young when bray was first born in all those pics, i am still laughing!!!
tell bray i miss him!!

Bekah: said...

what an amazing post! he is such a great kid! you are such a sentimental mom! these posts will be cherished forever by your family!