Oh that quote is hitting me very hard tonight! There is absolutely truth to it. I have had 2 never before opportunities in one week. I had my first night away...without my husband or kids in 7 years! A group of us girls went to Scottsdale for Brooklyn's birthday. We went to a late dinner at Cantina Laredo, went to a late movie (21-very good) and then hit the hot tub at the hotel before crashing at 2ish am. Woke up the next day and shopped till we dropped & then went straight to Bunco after that. Whoosh! It was very fun, but I was so ready to come home! I missed my boys so much.

Now fast forward to tonight, and another never before phenomenon. I am home completely alone until tomorrow. Jer took both the boys on the Father & Sons campout. I have never had the house to myself for this long, ever. I have never slept with not one person in the house! I had a nice dinner with my Mom and brother & then on the way home I got sad. Very sad. I opened the door & it was pitch black in my house, and silence. Such a strange eerie feeling, really. I should just enjoy it, I know, because now I have had my "alone time" that I thought I so desperately needed all these years. For every time I hoped to just get away...just be alone...get some space...do my own thing... have the house to myself... have peace and quiet...do whatever I want...have no responsibilities...just be me...get a break...have uninterrupted "me" time... bla bla bla. I am so over it. I can't wait till they come home.
Now fast forward to tonight, and another never before phenomenon. I am home completely alone until tomorrow. Jer took both the boys on the Father & Sons campout. I have never had the house to myself for this long, ever. I have never slept with not one person in the house! I had a nice dinner with my Mom and brother & then on the way home I got sad. Very sad. I opened the door & it was pitch black in my house, and silence. Such a strange eerie feeling, really. I should just enjoy it, I know, because now I have had my "alone time" that I thought I so desperately needed all these years. For every time I hoped to just get away...just be alone...get some space...do my own thing... have the house to myself... have peace and quiet...do whatever I want...have no responsibilities...just be me...get a break...have uninterrupted "me" time... bla bla bla. I am so over it. I can't wait till they come home.

12 comments:
Your Girl's over nighter sound like it was fun! I too love, Cantino Larado, 21 and shopping! Sorry you came home to an empty house but don't worry it will soon be filled with the sounds of two grateful boys and a hubby who loves their only woman in their life!;)
Oh poor Chels! I hate that too. Stacy had both my boys till late like 6ish the other day, and I was like, "what do I do now"! Grab a girl movie, do a facial, and your nails! That'll make you feel better! HaPPy bIrTHdaY to you my dear! Another year older and wiser too! Glad dinner was good!!!
wait it was your birthday too?? or brooklyns only? im confused!!
Cute picture, you guys should have taken more pictures, but all of the outfits are very cute!!!
Good for you! Everyone needs a break once in awhile from the "routine". It makes you appreciate everything you have so much more.
Loved your post on American Idol. I couldn't believe Michael Johns got the boot?? They are all so good..I would love, love to see them when they tour!
sorry to confuse you Tawny..it was Brooklyn's b-day on Mon when we went, mine today.
HAPPY BIRFDAY CHELLY BELLY!!!! I LOVE YOU LONG TIME! ENJOY THIS TIME WITHOUT DA BOYZZZZ. YOU NEED A BREATHER.
i'm going to see you soon! for lunch...where do ya wanna go? taco bell? mcdonalds? those are the only choices..decide NOW.
seee youuuuu soooooonnnn
SOUnds like a bitter-sweet week! GIrls night is always fun, but having a quite house to yourself...not so much! They will be home tonight at least :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I totally know how you feel. How is it that we can be ready to kill our kids, so we leave them with their dads to go on a stress-reliever-grocery-run, and when we get back we can't wait to scoop them up again!? Heck, I miss Joe when he's in the bathroom! :-) Loved your post.
I'm so glad you were able to get away with the girls. You are such a great mom to miss your boys so much and it's always nice to appreciate the noise and chaos once you've been without it. I still want to hear how your boys enjoyed the campout, hopefully they didn't freeze!
I was so ready to come home by the end of our shopping because I was tired....but I must say after 1 week to re-coop I am so ready for another brake. Brax has been so fussy this past weekend, so you just let me know when you are ready!!
I agree, I love naptime, bedtime and date nights but I really do not like to be home alone at night. I have only been without Craig at night at my house one time in the almost 11 years that we have been married. I had Trevor and Tanner in bed with me and I couldn't sleep all night without Craig here.
Post a Comment