Monday, July 2, 2012

Brayden's last day.







For Brayden's last day, the third grade had a water day and I went in to help. I ended up getting completely soaked from (dirty water filled) splash balls. They had 5 stations, one of which included washing all the 3rd grade teachers cars (smart teachers) and they ended with making ice cream in a bag.  I can't say enough good things about Brayden's teacher this year. Ms. Hufford is one of those special teachers that the kids love and adore and she loves them right back. She's one that he will always remember as his favorite. She has such a gift of helping them to learn to LOVE reading and writing, and Brayden blossomed in both this year more than he ever has. She set a goal for the kids to read 1 million words and he ended the year with 1, 160, 600. She would frequently send emails that said things like, "I wish you could see your child right now, immersed in his book and smiling and giggling, you should be proud." She was so nurturing and loving and just plain treated these kids like they were her own. She was also a big jokester and Brayden loved this about her. She just had a way of making school fun and Brayden had his best year ever, and never wanted to miss a day. She also frequently expressed how much she loved Brayden's writing and what a talent he has. She pulled one of his essays and had me read it during a PT conference, because she couldn't believe how good it turned out and that it gave her "chills". She would also remind me that I should be keeping them all in a "save forever" box. She also had the principal and the whole front office staff read it. (I will have to find it and post it on here later). She would always say, "make sure you give an autographed copy of your first book!" Oh man, she is just one of a kind! I love the way these pictures turned out of them and I think they sum up the mutual love and admiration they have for each other. 

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

A huge shout out to teachers like this every where! I'm so glad he had such a great teacher and such a great year. He is a pretty awesome kid and I don't know what teacher wouldn't love having him in their class.