Monday, July 9, 2012

that one time we grew miniature carrots.







I always talk a big game about how I'm going to plant a garden "next spring"...I'm pretty sure I've said that for the last 10 springs. Truth is I have no clue how to garden and while I've checked out gardening books from the library and read articles online, I still feel completely overwhelmed by it and swear that I won't feel that way "next spring". We went to home depot to grab flowers for our pots and Brayden begged for some carrot seeds. I told him we would attempt to grow them in our spare planters out back and so we did. About 3 MONTHS later, I decided that they must be done growing and pulled one up. I was so shocked to see orange on the end of that green! Ok they were super tiny and surely we did something wrong here, BUT.... the kids and I were thrilled about our itty bitty carrots because dangit, they were orange! and you could eat them! and they even tasted delicious!   

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Oh that is just awesome! The only thing we've had luck with is tomatoes but even then it seems like they're only ripe for a week before they get fried from the sun. I dream of a huge garden, one that Jason plants and takes care of of course.