Sunday, July 1, 2012
angel moroni.
Angel Moroni was supposed to go up the evening before at sunset. Next rumor was he was supposed to go up at 10 am but didn't make it because it was too windy. There were several more rumors to follow, so I didn't quite feel confident that it would really happen at the "final" time which was 2:30, and would mean me pulling the kids out of school early. I kept going back and forth with thoughts like: this would be such a cool memory that my kids will have forever! ah, they won't really care that much, and the open house is going to be way more memorable. But this is our hometown temple, this will be something they will never get to see again in their lifetime! ah, its going to be so crowded and difficult to park and what if they just postpone it again?! I was in charge of carpool that day so I decided it wouldn't work out for our neighbor carpool buddy if I was to pull my kids out and then try to scramble back to get him. Long story short: it did happen at 2:30, and after school my kids and I drove past and the kids both commented on how cool it would have been to see Moroni actually placed on top. Dang. At least we still have the open house to put in the memory file.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yes, definately banking on the open house to make up for missing this! I still haven't even made it back for a picture, so kudos to you.
Post a Comment