I was nervous about leaving the kids for gils camp right when summer started, but Jer assured me and off I went. I was also nervous about spending 4 days in tents. Our stake is the only one I've heard of that doesn't have cabins or Camp Lomia. But the leaders I serve with are so much fun & I knew I would regret not going. Every night we would be sore and gasping for breath from laughing so hard. The group bathrooms and showers were enough to make an outhouse a luxury, and so we decided that we would rather go 4 days without a shower. But we finally broke down and took one on day 3. Our girls never even took one. There was plenty of eating, zero down time, and lots of hiking and chores too--I was beginning to wonder if there was any spirituality to be had at camp, until the Trail of Truth and testimony meeting. I am amazed at these girls and the testimonies. Surely strengthened my mine. All week I had this feeling that Bishop was going to ask me to speak in sacrament, and I was worried since I had had no great spiritual experience up until that last day, (plus lets be real I hate speaking in sacrament) and sure enough he started to inch his way towards me after testimonies. I tiptoed around the awning that night, making sure to talk to all the YW (and also to get him off my tail) when finally he shouted from across the awning, "Chelsea. You're speaking in sacrament." He also asked two girls and two leaders so luckily it was only a short assignment. Grateful to be among such good people in my calling.


2 comments:
Too funny, I love how he announced your speaking assignment. You fit right in with those youngin's, you can't even tell you're a leader! So glad you were able to go, girls camp was always a highlight of my summers.
that looks like Karen Hatch.
Post a Comment