![]() |
| Mrs. Wilson |
![]() |
| loving every minute of the graduation songs. Not. |
![]() |
| Mrs. McCarty the sub. |
![]() |
| telling the audience what he wants to be when he grows up-- an artist. |
I know that gets kind of ridiculous that by the time you are 6 years old and you have already had 3 "graduations" but there is something sad about this time...its the fact that he is a 1st grader now! I felt like the last three years at preschool and pre K were just keeping him masked in the super young category somehow. Now I feel like that all came to a screeching halt and all the sudden he's so grown up. I totally wrote a huge "request" for Mrs. Wilson this year, and we were thrilled that he got her. She's sweet and patient and southern accent-ed. I found out later in the year that she was a grandma too--kind of shocked me actually. About 2 months before school got out, she fell out of her husbands golf cart and broke both of her wrists and had to go through tons of physical therapy. It was a huge bummer because the kids are all so sensitive at that age and need consistency--it was a rough adjustment. Luckily, her assistant, Mrs. McCarty was able to step in full time and take on the remainder of the year. It helped that the kids already knew her but it was still sad to end the year without Mrs. Wilson. She came to the graduation and the kids were so happy to see her. When Kosty came up afterwards, she said, "Koston, I really missed you and I thought about you every single day!" He was pretty happy about that. A few days before school got out, he was scrambling all over looking for a school picture of himself. I asked him why and he said he was making something for Mrs. Wilson and he wanted her to have a picture of him. I love his sentimental side! For his graduation gift he requested a snow cone maker. He had told me that his friend had an electric one and that he must be "so rich." Kids.








1 comment:
I love Kosty and his thoughtful gifts, lucky Mrs. Wilson for being able to steal a little piece of his heart. So glad he had such a great experience in kindergarten (twice :) and good thing you have the summer to prepare for 1st grade!
Post a Comment