Wednesday, December 22, 2010

clarity.



This morning, I went for a run and the boys came with. They played at the park while I ran around it in circles. First of all, the weather was spectacular--which instantly puts me in a good mood. Second, it was super cloudy & overcast--which always makes me happy. No way around it, it was a good morning.


But it got better; and I don't want to forget this. While I was running, I felt SO incredibly happy. Like I had just swallowed a handful of happy pills. I had my new ipod nano/touch/shuffle (i dunno what its called) on (that jer won last week at a work party, yes!), and I couldn't stop smiling. The sky was beautiful. I looked at my two boys and I felt so complete. I realized how lucky I am to be able to run. I feel so healthy, more in shape than I ever have. I thought about my life, and all I could think of were wonderful things about it. There was not a speck of negativity in sight. I love that running does that--banishes the blues. I feel happy with my new calling--back in Young Women's, this time with a small group of the cutest, sweetest beehives. I feel happy in our new neighborhood, and in our cute house by the blue park. Maybe it just took some time, cause I was the saddest I had ever been when we first moved.

After 2.5 years of trying, I am finally feeling ok with the fact that maybe two kids is all I'll get. It's ok, because they are the best two boys I could ever imagine spending my life with. I am happy, and I will no longer feel pity for myself about this trial. I do know my Heavenly Father loves me, looking at my two boys is all the proof I need. Any doubts that I have had that maybe He is mad at me or that I don't deserve to have more kids---gone. Shame on me for ever thinking that. I may not know the reason, but I have faith that this will all work out. Even if its not the way I wanted it to.

Life is so good.

8 comments:

Bekah: said...

Amen! Life is wonderful. You ooze happiness and I really love your outlook on life. Honest, real but HAPPY! Where is your new house? Are you close? (I am on Higley and Warner) We should get together. After the rush of course.

Merry Christmas!

Brittney said...

I love this post, I know how you feel when you are running. I felt the same way two days ago when I got to run (while the kids stayed home with scott) with his ipod and ran as fast as I could. Life is good chel! Glad you are so happy. xo
p.s. lmk if you get together with bekah, i wanna come!

Jenna Lee said...

This post made me happy...remember this when we have our talks.....you are so lucky and so blessed and you have a great life!! And I do think you are going to get another baby when the time is right!!

Lynsi said...

I love your positive outlook and the happiness you feel! After reading this, it's contagious! What lucky boys to have you as their momma!
happy running!

Stefanie said...

i hope i have your kind of attitude when (if) i become a mom! i think you're wonderful

Anonymous said...

i love this post. thanks for writing. i need to stop being negative... some of the feeilngs you described are exactly how i feel and i need to quit thinking that way. i always think "i deserve this!" and i think it's the worst way to feel... like i'm entitled to it. the Lord loves us. we are lucky.

Janet said...

chel, you have a beautiful family. you deserve to be happy at every stage of life, sometimes it's hard to find that happiness, but you have done it!!

foreveryoung said...

You're incredible, that's all I can say. Love ya!!!