Thursday, December 16, 2010

10 years

Today is our anniversary. A few weeks ago, I helped cater a wedding for an 18 year old girl who had just graduated in May. I thought, wow, she is still a little girl! That was me. Graduated in May, married in December. Hard to believe I knew what I was doing at that age. I really didn't. But one thing I did know about Jer was his ability to unconditionally love me.

That's all I needed to know. Even though I didn't know much about how to be a wife or a mother or about the trials we would face, I knew that he was the guy to do it with. I knew he would make it possible for us to defy the odds and be happy together for a lifetime and more...

9 comments:

Brittney said...

You both are perfect for eachother, jer is awesome, but you are too, and you made the right choice, even at 18 years young!! Happy 10 years, I cant believe it! xoxoxoxo, let me know if I can watch the boys for you to go on a vacation for once in your ten years!!!!

Lynsi said...

beautiful picture of you two! Happy Anniversary!

Kelly said...

Aww Happy 10 yrs! You two are so perfect for eachother! I hope you get to do something fun.
It was fun seeing you Friday!

Jennie said...

What a great picture! Happy Anniversary! If you get a chance will you email me your new address. tjnjen@gmail.com Thanks! Oh... and yesterday after church out of the blue Maci said, "I miss brover and sister Figgins." We miss seeing your cute family!

Suni said...

Cute post and great pic!! I need to order another charm for my necklace...I will email you. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

Jenna Lee said...

Cute picture and Congrats to 10 years....how the time goes by so fast...I knew you were perfect back then and of course I am always right!! Now I hope you really get to go on a vacation with out kids..make it work, you deserve it!!

Stefanie said...

10 yrs later and you still got the HEAT!

Becky said...

adorable picture of an adorable couple - congrats on 10 year! :)

foreveryoung said...

Awww, such a cute picture, such a cute couple. You know I was a fellow teen bride and I think we both lucked out to get such amazing guys, 18 is so young!!! (and Kylie better not even think about it). Can't wait for your anniversary trip, I think I may be just as excited about it as you.