

I posted about how disappointed Brayden was for not trying to win the Read-a-thon in this post last year.
This year, he was so determined to win. He came home from school everyday and read almost 2 hours. Then on Saturday and Sunday he read even more. He read a grand total of 935 minutes!! I have to admit, I was even more stressed about it then he was, after seeing him with his nose in a book for 7 days straight, the thought of him not reaching his goal would have broke my heart. I'm so glad it ended on a happy note! The grand prize was that he got to ride in a limo to Peter Piper Pizza after school. He got plenty of tokens & pizza too. Such a fun day!


6 comments:
What a smart little man you have there! Reading is so good for kids! My Harley LOVES to read as well! What books is he reading. Im always on the hunt for great chapter books for him to read.
kelly~ he loves the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, as well as the Captain Underpants books. ;) good to see you today! that heat was brutal!
so fun.....you didn't tell me he won this..kinda big news!! Well maybe we can do lunch this week now that we are done working the weddings...it would be kind of nice to sit back and have someone sever us!!
I was looking forward to seeing the pictures and the look on his face while climbing out of the limo says it all! Definately a HUGE accomplishment, congratulations!!
so proud of bubba!
that's very impressive brayden!!! loved seeing you earn your ride in the very cool limo. love you!! grammi
Post a Comment