We moved. We were especially sad to leave a neighborhood of such nice kids that our kids loved playing with. BUT...we are only 3 miles from there, so its not the end of the world, I guess. It was very hard to say goodbye. To say I get attached is a major understatement. I cried my eyes out when we moved from our very first home, when we sold jer's first car, and so naturally I had a hard time with this. I am forever grateful for our wonderful friends and family that have helped us through the transition.


Brayden's friend Riley, lived right across the street and they were constantly together. We don't usually do sleepovers with friends, but the kids begged for Riley to spend the night on our last night there. They went "sledding" on the Uhaul ramp, watched a movie, and woke up to fresh donuts and orange juice. Riley cried big tears the next day, it was sad!
Kosty made this weird creation, and since he knew we were moving, he asked me to take a picture of his masterpiece. As promised...

On a happy note: We do love our new neighborhood, and we are excited about future friendships and memories in the making. The kids are thrilled that we live in a cul-de-sac with a big shaded park & that their room is big enough to separate the bunk beds. I am thrilled that we have grass in the front & back yard, fresh paint, and a real closet. And Jer is thrilled to have half the mortgage :)


6 comments:
Boo hoo!! Atleast you are only a bike ride away. But it still sucks. I really wonder what is going on in Kosty's little head, I love his imagination.
Oh, sad. Poor Riley and Brayden. I am sure it was so hard to say goodbye, but like you said, onward and upward!! new friends, and memories, and your new place is so cute. and I need to get that pretzel recipe. they looked delicious!
Were did you guys move too? Hope your move went well!
Moving is never easy! Speaking of...we really need to do that too due to outgrowing our house! I'm sure we'll get around to it someday. Have fun decorating your new place! And yes, those pretzels looked amazing!
I was so sad to drive by your house and see it empty! I guess I'll have to get over it since it's not like I'm sticking around either. It's too bad good things have to come to an end. We had (have) an amazing neighborhood. Thank goodness for faceboook, blogs, and the interwebs so we can all stay friends anyway!
I'm glad you've found a new place that you all love.
WHAT! i had no idea you were moving! so fun and exciting! a new place to decorate! i bet you are having a blast! :) and i bet jer found you the CUTEST place! YEAH for change!
Post a Comment