(please ignore his ribs- I made sure to give him extra butter)
When I was a kid, artichoke night in our house was a huge deal. My dad LOVED artichokes and so he passed on his love to us. We would beg for artichoke night! My dad even had them growing in his garden at one point, and I remember bragging to my friends that we had artichoke plants. I bet they were real jealous ;)
I've held "artichoke night" in our home on a few occasions. Desperate for my kids to fall madly in love as I did, I kept trying even though they just weren't fans. Plus, I thought, not in a gazillion years would my husband, the pickiest eater, be on board. To my surprise, he ended up loving them. So last week, I bought two giant artichokes. One for me, one for jer. I warmed up some soup for the kids, since I had given up on them. Kosty noticed how delicious my artichoke looked, and he started asking for leaves. He ended up taking over and devouring the entire thing. I was such a proud mama!
Have you had an artichoke?


6 comments:
I was dating this boy up in Utah, and the first time I met his family and went over for dinner, they had artichokes. I had NO idea how I was supposed to eat them. And I felt completely ridiculous slurping them. haha. But I think I will try them again in the comfort of my own home!
I have no idea how to cook one? Please tell me? I love them, and would like to try them out.
we LOVE them! :) yummy!
kelly,
you just rinse them & boil till tender, about 45-60 minutes!
i love me some artichokes
I just made artichoke dip last night for a girls night. The only time I can use artichokes is if I'm taking it somewhere.... no one else will eat them at my house either.
I've never boiled them though... did you dip yours in butter? Gonna have to try that.
Post a Comment