Saturday, September 18, 2010

the farm



We went with our friends to Superstition Farm a few weeks ago. Kosty was really excited to go up until his shoes & socks "boddered" him. He let that ruin his mood and his fun, but I had a good time and learned a lot of cow facts like: cows are not called cows unless they are female and had a baby. Baby cows weigh more than 100 pounds,and they walk within an hour of birth. When you buy milk at Fry's, Safeway, or Albertson's you are supporting local farms. Milk from Walmart & Costco is shipped & not as fresh. We also got to see a baby calf that was born an hour before stand up for the first time. I got to feed all the animals out of my hand, since Kosty opted out. And we got to eat the most delicious fresh ice cream ever!

3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

I should have gone again, just for the ice-cream! And to see the baby calf.

Kelly said...

You know all the neat places to go! I will have to take my boys there.. (for the Ice cream!)

Michelle Y. said...

Next time you go you guys have to let me know. I was invited by Jamie before but too sick to be in the heat for hours. I would love to go, good info on the Walmart Costco thing since that is the only place I buy my milk, it makes me think twice about it since it is not as fresh. It was great to see you yesterday!