Wednesday, July 16, 2008

summer so far...

I looove summer. I think we all need a little break from the structure. Besides swimming pretty much every single day, we have been:
*Going to the Kids Summer Movies every Monday morning, and of course we can't pass by the rides in the food court after. Its Kosty's favorite part. He loves sitting in the ice cream truck, taking orders from everyone. On a good day, he even gets lucky when one of the COOL moms comes and puts money in the dang thing for her lucky kid, and he gets to bum a free ride! *Trying to distract Brayden from video games...that's all he wants to do, and since its so hot outside, its hard to tell him to get off his bum! So I encourage (a.k.a. force) him to color or work on his summer workbook. Every time Brayden starts doing anything at the desk, Kosty will scramble to get as many pencils as he can find and say, "where's my homewuk?" then I get him some paper or a coloring book and he begins "working"...and he says, "I do-een my homewuk yike Bubba doos."
*Baking cookies...one of my favorite things to do. And theirs too. Lately they have both been liking chocolate chip cookies best, so hallelujah! I was so sick of sugar cookies. GAG. Who says you can't train your kid to like what you like?

*Lots of Library trips...trying to stock up on books and videos, but lo and behold, we are almost always stuck with the rejects! Obviously every other kid in Gilbert has been doing the same thing!
*Playing with friends. There is hardly a day that goes by that we don't have a friend over. Can you believe these two?! Sorry Lori.... I swear no one got hurt!

*Friday night family movie & pizza. We are such a hermit family. I seriously look forward to grabbing a pizza and renting a movie on Friday nights. We spread a big quilt on the floor, have popcorn and just relax!
*Oh, and the very occasional chore. I have completely let my house go this summer. Bla. Who wants to mop and vaccuum when you are already too bloody hot! I finally broke down and really cleaned the whole house last week. I gave Brayden the chore of dusting. I kid you not, he loooved it! He was whipping around my table and he even said, "Mama, this is the funnest thing of my life!" Eeeek, what a deprived child. Oh well. Look at him. Joy!




*And counting down the days till California!! Brayden can hardly contain his excitement, every day he asks "how many more days till baycation?!" He loves to cross of his calendar too.



He's been packed since Sunday after church!












11 comments:

Brittney said...

wow, all i can say is that you got quite the busy life! and what lucky boys, they sure get to stay busy, and sounds like they get to do lots of things. next time you go to the library let us know! we will join ya! hey tomorrow at queen creek performing arts there is a puppet show at 2 pm, you should come, its free!
love the homewuk, and the dusting pictures, how cute are those boys?!
i bet he is super excited to go to cali! i bet you are more!

Elliot and Cami said...

Very cute pics! It looks like you guys are having a fun summer. I tried to take Ethan and Ellee for a fun afternoon (Mcdonalds and to walmart to buy a slip n slide) but everything we did I just kept thinking WHY DO WE LIVE HERE, IT'S TOO DANG HOT. Then the slip n slide was broken after putting it together in the hot sun. Looks like you have found some fun things to keep the boys entertained inside. That is tricky!

Tawny Antelman said...

HAHAH brayden cracks me up...
Im sure my mom would let him come dust her house ANYTIME.. that was always my chore and i HATED it with a passion!!! Better enjoy it while it last.. haha

I am seriously laughing that he is already packed, its hilarious... and that he marks off his calander!! HOW CUTE!! I am excited to get the heck out of here as well... BEACH BEACH BEACH!!!
2 more daysss!!!

foreveryoung said...

I always have so much to comment on, but can never remember anything...I need to make a list like this so that later in life I can prove to my kids that I really did more with them than just yell and break up fights all summer! Isn't it great how they love doing chores, I'm going to convert you to the chore jar and fun friday, my kids loved it :) And when you asked who wants to mop and vacuum when it's so bloody hot, well that would be me. Yes, I am a freak. Anyways, I'm sure there was more I was going to say, but have fun on your trip!

Jenna Lee said...

Cute post.... you do look like a very busy mommy!! My favorite is that Koston wanted to do homework like Brax.... And duh Chel, I know you are going to be waking up early with yo kids taking them on walk.... and Brax can go with you guys, surely you wouldn't be rude and exclude my child, he would be so heartbroken!! And so funny huh?? I stole that picture from your last year post..... ha ha I was laughing as I read your comment. I didn't feel like finding one and I remembered last year you just had the cutest little beach picture, thanks man!! See you bright and early Sat. morning!!

Chelsea said...

uh, if I recall you did not read nor blog last year!?

Chelsea said...

p.s.
and quit calling Bray Brax! crazy girl! thats like the 50th time...get it right!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Seriously I love how you have your boys doing chores- THAT'S HILARIOUS! Your home looks adorable. Hey- Jillian wants to see your blog- want to invite her??
jillypilly15@hotmail.com

Brittney said...

i cant even BELIEVE comfort snuck through, and they eliminated Kherington!!! I was SHOCKED and SAD! I liked Gev too, all the guys are so good though, so every week will be hard with them, but next week its GOODBYE COMFORT FOR GOOD!
p.s. i came across this website and wanted to share it with you.
www.deannaandjesse.com.... HA!

Anonymous said...

HOly Cow!! You are a fun mommy! I wish we had a pool so bad. maybe next year- or in 5 years! Ha! But, I agree on the reject movies at the library. I had to talk Kale into the only movie they had left yesterday!

Jenna Lee said...

ok, ok you know I have issues with names.. and apparently even my own son!! So lets just say while we are in Cali I get 5 free times of getting the kids names mixed up. And don't forget to pack extra for you incase you decide to stay longer for the second girls only week!!