Thursday, June 12, 2008

escapee

The day I have been dreading has arrived. Look at my little stinker. He thinks he is soooo cool now that he can get out of his cage whenever he pleases.


















Yesterday morning, he was sleeping in late, so I started to worry and went to check on him. His door was open, which was weird, but I just figured I had forgotten to close it after he fell asleep. Well I didn't poke my head in far enough because I didn't want to stir him, I just figured he was curled up in the opposite corner that I couldn't see.

Then I walked in the kitchen and heard a "HI MAMA!!" It freaked me out! There he was, standing in the family room with his blankie and his books, munching on a pretzel. "Wook it Mama, I got all my duff!" (stuff) "And... I eating a pretzel." Oh, it made my morning though. He is oh so cute and so full of it!

The next day at nap time, I proceeded to lay him down after books, the same thing we always do. I assumed he would hop out of his crib as soon as I walked out, and sure enough he did. So I put him right back in. I knew he would do it again though, but this time he didn't come out of his room. So I went to check on him about 10 minutes later. And THIS is what I found...


















I know I need to put him in a big boy bed, but I told myself there is no need to rush this time. I think I rushed Brayden when he was still a baby (barely 2) and always wondered WHY?! This time I was determined he would stay in the crib until it needs to be occupied by another baby...I just hoped he wouldn't be ready before that. The thought of my baby boy being in a big boy bed made me want to cry...he's only two...okay and a half. But still, he is my baby for now. And since when did everything happen at once? He just started talking non-stop, having conversations, understanding things I didn't think he could quite yet, and now outgrowing his crib.

I had a moment the other night. He was freshly bathed and in his cute jammies. He said something to me and then scampered off, half skipping down the hall, making that pitter patter noise I love so much all the way down. When he got to the end of the hall, he turned back to look at me and just smiled. Then he scampered off again. My eyes filled with tears. It was one of those moments that you just want to hold on to forever. Just the precious age... the funny and sweet personality... the cute baby face and curly wet hair... those adorable tiny feet and the noise they make on the floor... that cheesy grin with the spaced out baby teeth...that petite little body with poking out belly in those cute jammies... Oh, he just stole my heart.

9 comments:

Sheba Price said...

Chels that is so cute! How he fell asleep on the chair! Doesn't that scare you when they appear out of no where and you totally jump! This happens to me once in while int the middle of the night and I would open my eyes and bam! Sophie is staring at me from eye level you know, where I am laying. ANyway, too cute and I don't know what to tell you about the crib situation. Maybe you are ready to have another one and then in that way you don't have to take down the crib. :)

Swirls of Happy said...

Oh my goodness..now I am starting to tear up!!!! Being a mom is the best EVER!!! I think it must be time to have another, I sense Baby Fever coming from you :) I always tell Jason I am having baby fever, and I still have a little baby. He told me if we got pregnant everytime I have baby fever, we would have 20 kids, too funny! I totally know why people have a lot of kids though, it is so sweet and fun :) Little Kosty...what a cutie pie, sleeping in that chair! I just want to snuggle him up, he is such a big boy now, crazy how fast it goes..I remember when you were pregnant with him at that BBQ at Keira and Dan's so long ago!

Brooklyn said...

I think I feel the baby hunger from you too! Jerron asked me for a sister the other day... I have him ask you for one! I think Koston would still anyones heart, he is just sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!! I love that he fell asleep in his chair. What a lover!

Tawny Antelman said...

awww cute!! haha hes such a lil stud muffin in his cute lil outfits!!
the pic of him sleepin on the chair standing up is HILARIOUS!! who can sleep standing up? haha

I think its time for a BIG BOYS BED NOW!! :) or you better hurry on baby number 3!!

Tawny Antelman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna Lee said...

ah man so cute.. I love the picture of him standing up sleeping, and it makes me laugh to think of you walking in the kitchen thinking he is asleep and hearing.. Hi moma!!

Suni said...

He is the cutest little boy ever! It is so sad when they grow up and it seems all of a sudden! I agree maybe its baby time....let me know if you try that thing out that we were talking about...if it works for you I want to know!! Oh and I am so glad I am not the only one who dreams like that too!! I was dreaming for nights after that concert!!

Brittney said...

My eyes filled with tears!!!
I cant belive he fell asleep on his rocking chair! how funny! he is such a big boy, i think it is time for the big boy bed! its exciting though! its like he is saying, c'mon mom, lets get another baby in this family, I am growing up, and ready for the next phase! but, sigh, the description of him running down the hall, would make any mother cry, its like that moment you never want to forget, but once he turned that corner, after giving you that cheesy grin, the moment was gone...he is growing up so fast....he is so cute, and such a big boy now! I am dreading the day when Libby can get out of her crib, I need to put the baby gate on the top of the stairs, and get a taller lock for the front door, these kids, you just never know when they will figure things out.

foreveryoung said...

Oh yes, this is a dreaded milestone, although I think you're just lucky he's made it this long without figuring it out! That triumphant look on his face is hilarious. And I love those simple moments that make being a mom so worth it...