Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Are you a WOMAN?


I never thought my gender would be questioned, tis why I was startled earlier when Brayden posed this question...

"Mama, are you.........a WOMAN?" (Oh, I loved the way he said 'woman'... so low and dramatic!)

Me: "Yes, Brayden I am.."

Brayden: "Well you don't look like a WOMAN..."

Me: (starting to get a little defensive).. "well what the heck do I look like then?"

Brayden: "I don't know. Just a girl. A girl Mom. Woman's are supposed to have lines all over their face."

Oh.

8 comments:

Swirls of Happy said...

This is HILLARIOUS!!!! I guess he was giving you a compliment ;) Too stinkin' cute...def. an "out of the mouthes of babes" moment!

Jenna Lee said...

oh man the things that kids can say... And I agree that he is giving you a complement.... now next time I see him I am going to ask him if I am a woman and if he says yes then I will know that I have an old face full of wrinkles and lines. The best is when he saw me after I had Brax and he said.. I thought you already had your baby.... that one goes down in the books!!!

Brittney said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!
You are like a girl mom, lololol. omg too funny!
i love jenna's comment too, what a brutally honest boy. soo funny. see you manana at DEWPER!

Shanen said...

I'd say that was a pretty good compliment. How cute that he is just so honest and even curious to question it. I think he must have just been saying that you are so young and beautiful. Cute boys!!

Bekah: said...

oh. that is so funny. that kid, seriously i love the way his mind works. i wish i could see him and carry on a conversation with him. i'm sure i'd leave knowing all sorts of delightful, insightful things. he is too too cute!

Anonymous said...

I love his little conversations! So cute:) And you have now encouraged me to be a full time blogger again. I just saw your blurb book and am recommitted! I am so excited and I love your book! IT's amazing!

Tawny Antelman said...

hahahah i agree with Jennas comment, when Jenna told me that he asked said "he thought she already had her baby" i just couldnt help but laugh, he is sooo funny!!!
Im curious to see what he says to jennas comment and you cant tell him to say shes a little girl.. shoot he will probably say im a women im gonna ask him too in california!! haha
im glad i get to see some of the hilarious things these two do in california!! :)
and yess that is most defineltly a compliment.. i mean you do look like a lil mom girl.. small, gorgeous, no wrinkles at all!

Rechelle said...

Ha ha ha ha!! Love it!!!!!