Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Confident Boy

Brayden is SO CONFIDENT, he really thinks he is somethin! and he is. But, I wonder if he is embarking over-confidence! He LOVES it when I compliment him, in fact he asks me to repeat and list his admirable qualities, yikes. Well the other day his Aunt Cede said he was cute. Then he said, "I know. AND I am responsible, independent, smart, and funny." Grandma said, "oh, and what does independent mean?" he said, "it just means you can make your own toast, and pour your own milk and stuff..."

Another funny thing he said was when I was hugging him really tight, he said, "mama, you're making me like a crescent!" Which reminded me yet another time that I was squeezing him when he was 2ish. He said, "mama, you're squeezing me like a grapefruit."
Funny guy :)

7 comments:

Bekah: said...

chelsea have you read the 5 Love Languages (for children)? So it is an amazing book. I read the original which is directed to spouses. But seriously it changed my relationships with all my family and close friends, once I realized what their love languages were. Anyway the whole reason I am bringing it up is my sisters love language is WORDS OF AFFRIMATION. She loves sincere compliments and recgonition. That is way low on my list so it surprised me. Anyway I am just guessing from what you said about Brayden that maybe his love language is words of aff. ok please don't think i am crazy, it is seriously an awesome concept that helps you understand people and yourself. i have the CDs, if you are interested I can burn some for you...

Brayden is such a sweet kid. Can he stay with us for a while so his good habits can rub off on Bryn? I'd love her to be responsibly independent too!

Becky said...

cresent? huh? what? i dont get it! that kid is a riot!

Chelsea said...

ha ha becky, CRESCENT. you know like the shape? like the moon? like a crissont? :) does that help?

Chelsea said...

bekah, no I dont think you're crazy, that sounds like a good book. I will have to check it out for sure. Yes, it makes so much sense, and I think you're right about the words of affirmation, I think that might be Jer's love language too :) oh and yes when should I book Brayden's flight :) j/k

Brooklyn said...

That book sounds awsome!!!!! and Chels! pour his own cereal! he is independant. :)

Brittney said...

wow he really is so confident!
well who wouldnt be with the encouragement you give him.
he is independant, and he even told susan what it meant, thats hilarious!!!!
smart boy brayden:)

foreveryoung said...

hahaha! Where do they come up with these things? I don't think my kids even know what a "crescent" is!