Monday, July 30, 2007

We're Ba-ack...

10 days sure flies when you're havin fun! But its so true, there's no place like HOME. We got to Newport on Wednesday night where we stayed with my BF from high school, Jenna and her familia. Who have been graciously inviting me to stay with them every year for the past 11 years. (even after I got married, good thing they like the rest of em!) Maybe they enjoy my company, or maybe they are just TOO nice to say NO! Anyhow, Sandy our "beach house mom" takes such great care of us, and cooks DELICIOUS food. We went to the beach pretty much every day and then Saturday came and Jer's family came up and we had the top floor of the beach house and the Hestands had the bottom floor. What a party! And of course Brayden and Kosty were excited to be with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Zach and Aunt Cede.

On Tuesday we all made a trip to Sea World, after mucho convincing Brayden that Disneyland was "closed up" for the week (I hated lying to him, but TRUST me, it was the only way!) and then he was very excited for Sea World! Right when we got there, we rented a double stroller (the best $15 I ever spent) and we ate lunch and went to the dolphin show. It was so funny because every single time the animals did something cool, ALL of us would turn and look at Brayden and Koston to see their reactions. It is so much more fun to see the magic through their little eyes. The kids LOVED to read the map and point out where they wanted to go next. Kosty did surprisingly well too. I was nervous about a full day with no nap-- he is a definite "NEED-a-nap-kinda-kid." And he was soooo good until about 4:00 when he was officially exhausted. We were at the starfish area, and they were each holding a starfish, when Kosty decided it would be much more fun to slam it back into the water, after some disturbed looks, he giggled and wanted to do it "a-gin!" So I took him away and he threw a fit, then fell asleep. That poor helpless starfish. Ouch. I sure hope he will forgive Kosty someday! Anyways, we went to the sting ray exhibit and Brayden was too scared to pet one. I said, "Brayden, when we came to Sea World last time, you pet them. " He said, "Well, mama. There's 2 of me. That one was the brave one, and this one is NOT." I just love his explanations. We also decided to go all the way and hit up the 9:30 "Shamu Rocks" show at dark. It was sooooo awesome. It so rekindled my long-lost dream of becoming a Shamu trainer. How fun would that be! And Kosty was jammin out, out of control dancing the whole time. It was hilarious! After the show there were fireworks and we said our goodbyes to Sea World.

Pretty much every day after that we hit up the beach and had yummy food. I took Kosty on a walk down to the pier every morning, he sure loved it. We caught sand crabs, (My record was 56 of those lil guys in ONE handful, it was pretty gross.)We rode the beach cruisers, played night Frisbee with the glow in the dark Frisbee, (followed by the next day Kevin giving Brayden private Frisbee coaching after he declared he was the "stinkinist" player ever!) we played Apples to Apples, went to Jane's corndog for snacks and ice cream and of course all the fun shops. And we were pretty much all deliriously tired by the end of each day. Of course all the Figgins would tell you it was me! Everything makes me laugh really, really hard once I get past tired! Jer thinks he is so funny, but really he just always takes full advantage of my "delirious window." The last day we went over to Huntington Beach (about 10 min away) for the U.S. Open. It was crazy, there were millions of people. They had this Surfer Induction Hall Of Fame thing in the morning, and Jer got his surfboard autographed by Al Merrick. He was SO Happy! They had a ton of Pro-Surfers signing posters all day, and Brayden was so happy to get one!

Kosty had a couple of OBSESSIONS on this trip.

#1. Talking about Jenna's dad Jeff and how he growled at him, and it scared him. Seriously, poor Jenna and Kevin. That's all he would talk about for about 3 hours straight one night. He would point at the beach house, growl, and then tuck his hands up around his chest. We had to narrate for him. "At the beach house, Jeff growled at you, and it scared you. " He would say "yeah." and then repeat the motions over and over. He must have really thought it was therapy.

#2. Pushing the dang stroller!!!!!!! It was the most annoying thing ever. He wanted to push that thing everywhere. Notice the crazy look in his eye in the pic.

#3. The Sea World map. He would sit and and look at that thing over and over. And his favorite thing was to point at the flamingos and hear me say "pee-yoo! stinky!" For some reason that cracks him up.

#4. His fear moved on to Tyler (Zach's friend) and Dale (Cede's boyfriend) every morning before we went downstairs, he HAD to tell me about how he was scared of Tyler and Dale.

Ok. Enough! I am cutting myself off at this point. But this was a such fun trip and I want to remember all of it! :)




22 comments:

Heidi said...

I am so glad you guys enjoyed your trip. Your kids are soooo cute. I too love hearing all of Braydens explanations and things he tells you. He is quite the character.

Sheba Price said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the beach! The pics are adorable! Your boys fit right in as little surfer dudes! Too cute! Sea World is so much fun with little kids huh? That was my favorite part too. Watching their reaction to every silly thing. I think the starfish will survive little Kosty's throw. Too funny. And seriously his obsessions, too cute as well! Chels your family is so beautiful and I love the family picture. One to frame I am sure. Welcome back!

Brooklyn said...

Very cute! I Love that pic of all you four. Bo said dang she is tan! To bad they only last a week! Mine is already gone :( All those pics are so special. I just love all the little things the kids said and did. I'm glad your back :)

Becky said...

AHHH! that sounds like SO much fun! :) We have been trying to decide if the drive to seaworld is worth it...and you just SOLD me on it! we are definetly taking mylie! Sounds like ya'll had a blast! Tons of cute pics of the boys too! I am SOO excited for our trip in a few weeks now!

Swirls of Happy said...

So cute!!! I miss Newport so much, and I am jealous you guys got to stay there longer than we did :( Anyway, that is so funny about Koston's obsessions...I love how he has such a personality. I am bummed we missed the US Open, I bet that was neat. Anyway, glad your back safe.

Bekah: said...

wow i just typed a huge long comment and some how erased it, well let me try and remember what i was saying. first of all i have not seen jenna forever, not since she dated my friend rett. that is awesome that she is married, do they have kids? does she have a blog? looks like your trip was SO much fun! i love all the pictures, especially the fam on the beach and the footprints in the sand, really cute! that is so awesome that jeremy surfs! so crazy! his little brother and sister have grown up a lot since i took your family pictures! i am glad that you had such a nice long vacation with your family! and seriously the more i read about kosty the more he reminds me of bryn! so so much...

Brittney said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!
I love the pictures you took.
You have such an adorable family.
Sounds like you had so much fun!
I get that way when I am tired too, Scott is definatley THE FUNNIEST person ever, lol.
thats awesome jer likes to surf.
56 sand crabs? i love catching them, but cant stand the feel of them in my hands, it gives me the BIGGEST creeps. i like to put them all in a bucket, and then dump them out to see them all crawl back into the sand.
Next year I would love to go the same week you are there, I want to have fun memories like that. I am so happy you and Jer's family are so close, and that your kids love zach and cede, and grama and grampa. i love the picts of jer's dad with your boys, thats so cute.
i love all the pictures you got too. and braydens response to touching those things, being 2 people, or whatever, so FUNNY!
wow, i cant wait to hear what excuses libby will give me some day.
it looks like kosty's hair got even whiter on this trip!
i like the footprints picture, thats a great idear.
ok, enough comments, i am coming thursday to get my crap outta your garage, sorry, scotts truck was in the shop all last week, and i couldnt get it in my car, and this week has been nuts too, but i will get it thursday for sure!
k, talk to you later:) glad you had fun, and glad your home!
do you want to do something for stef for her bday? take her to lunch or something? call me later!

Melissa Stadler said...

I love that you have a blog Chelsea! You have the cutest family and definitely the most stylish. :) I am worried for you and Jeremy with your handsome boys - they are going to have the girls chasing them from day one.

Sounds like an amazing trip to the beach. Cali is the best! I love all of the little obsessions - so cute. Beautiful family!

Amy Y said...

Who doesn't love the beach? What a fun long trip! And very cute pictures.

Amy Y said...

Oh, and we're not really sure about our toe head... Nate's hair is darker than mine. But we do both have blonde haired/blue eyed siblings. It's crazy how genes work.

Chelsea said...

Hey Bekah, yes Jenna has been married for alomst a year now, and they are having their first baby in late November! So no she doesnt have a blog for now.

Britt, yes lets take stef out for lunch, although I am hestitant after the hurtful things she posted on her blog about me :( j/k

foreveryoung said...

So many fun memories! Now that is my kind of vacation (not that running all over the state of Utah isn't fun). I can't get over those up-close-and-personal seals, and I'll be looking for the brain-damaged sea star the next time we're at Sea World :) And I must be a dork because I thought that the US Open was for golf or tennis or something along those lines and I wasn't sure why Jeremy was getting soooo excited about it :) Now I know....glad you're back, I missed you!!!

Laurel said...

Chelsea- Saw your comment on Melissa's blog and thought I would drop a hello! I don't have a blog...Ryan's not so keen on the idea but if I ever get one going I'll let you know. I often miss the good 'ol days of the Ashley Heights Ward. Your family is so cute and I'm glad your doing well.

Brittney said...

CHA-HEEEEEEEEEEE
i cant get you on the phone, its getting ridiculous now.
how is a person supposed to communicate with you?? my head will forever be bruised with all the banging i have been doing trying to reach you!!!
lets take her to lunch this saturday if you wanna.
and those were hurtful things on her blog, what a little meanie!
she was joking i am sure you are her favorite sister anyway.
k- call me, did you see one republic on so you think you can dance???? i tried to call and tell you they were on.

Chelsea said...

sorry britt, especially about the bruising, ouch! take it easy on yourself, will ya? I hope the evidence is covered by your hair so that people dont think youre a battered wife! and anyways blame JEREMY! AHHHHHHHHHH! qwest was all ready to go yesterday when he had to cancel at the last minute b/c he is unsure if he wants qwest. so now I am left stranded. I can call u though. so call my celly and I will call you back. I'll just pretend its a SWEET pager for the next couple day. oh, and sat works for moa :) I havent seen the show yet, i recorded, I'm going right now! you've got me real excited!

Tiffany said...

Hey Chelsea! It's Tiffany Munns. I got your blog from Melissa's site. How are you?!? Your family is adorable! We live in SL now and love it (although I always miss AZ like crazy come January!) I just started a blog...nostrabellavita.blogspot.com. I'm a novice...beware!

Anonymous said...

K- these pictures are soo cute and you look so beautiful! Sounds like you had tons of fun.
-and I love Danny on SYTYCD too!

Stefanie said...

ooo looks like a fun-filled trip ma dear!!!! loovee yo kidss more than fruit tarts and cherry pie with ice-cream and snickers on top.mmmmmm...
so now that i don't have anatomy anymore..i can now enjoy life..and that includes watchin yo precious babies!!! mmm i want to lick them up and eat em in a heartbeat!
sooo....ccaaaaaallll meeeeeeee when u want me to watch dem dearry. loooovvveerrr youuuuuu.....
p.s. i forgive you for not granting me a b-day wish on my b-day....you just have to make me a whole swimming pool of ice-cream..chocolate with peanut butter...shouldn't be hard to do.
lllattterrrr gatererrrrrrr

Stefanie said...

hey how do you get playlist on blog????

Brooklyn said...

your sis is so funny! Thanks again for coming over. Your the best!

MommyRohner said...

Chelsea, your trip sounds like so much fun! OH, and I know exactly what you're saying about the "delirious window". I have the same problem, and I've passed it on to my boys.
Your boys are precious. We've GOT to get together soon.

Rechelle said...

Coen made me look through your slide show 4 times in a row as he explained each picture to me - he is OBSESSED with the beach! I made the mistake of telling him we are going to Newport 6 weeks ago and everyday since then has been a nightmare! Is it a beach day yet? is the first question of the morning. We even have it marked on the calendar now to avoid a complete hysterical meltdown and he gets to mark off each day. THANK GOODNESS We are going to Newport in 10 days! (I don't think I can take much more of this!) Love the pictures - it gets me excited too!