Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Very Happy Fourth...

Yesterday was by FAR my favorite fourth of July ever. We did all the same things I'm sure EVERYONE else did too, but it was just really fun. We went over to Jer's parents and swam ALL day. Brayden has gone from being terrified of going under water to a little fish. Its so crazy. He did swimming lessons last year, but he totally regressed, it only made it worse. But after some time with his Uncle Zach in the pool, (I guess Zach has special skills that we dont!)suddenly he made a complete turnaround. The first time I saw him swim, he told me to "watch" but I wasn't expecting him to go under and swim to the other side like he did. My jaw dropped for a LONG time. He was just beaming and cracking up at my dramatic jaw-drop pose (complete with letting the ice I was chewing on fall out). I am SO proud of him! Zach is the best! Poor Kosty in the pic look at his HUGE swollen diaper, so funny. Geez mom, get me a little swimmer! Oh, and I sort of learned how to dive, Jer tried coaching me for a while, and I did a few baby dives, but I never did work up the courage to run, jump, and dive. I don't know what it is about diving, it just makes me so scared! Urg. Brayden kept on cheering for me in the sidelines, "you can do it mama. It's easy." and "are you scared?" "its ok." He even critiqued my attempts, in one I completely panicked and flopped in like a spider (yowser), and he said, "no mama, that looked like this" as he held up a limp hand with all the fingers pointed down. :) For some reason he sure is fascinated by my weaknessess. I think it must be funny for him to see his mom "scared" or vulnerable about things. He must just always think that mom & dad are brave and fearless. Not so! Sweet boy. Then we went to the Fireworks show by our house. Jer bought Brayden one of those sparkly glow thingys that is a mouthpiece, it was pretty cool! They had bouncy houses for the kids, then we ate watermelon and barbeque and then layed on our good ol' Grandma Judd quilt and watched the fireworks, it doesn't get any more American! It was so dark, and we were right under the fireworks, and there was beautiful music playing. It gave me goosebumps. My heart was warm, and I am so grateful and proud to live in America. When the first firecracker went off, Brayden said, "oh no, we're gonna die!" what a goof. But really, we were RIGHT under them. Kosty was cracking us up because he was laying on my chest and he didn't move a single muscle the whole show, except to say "moa, moa." (more) He LOVED it. I know you can't tell by the picture of his STONE FACE! He giggled at all the loud ones. I think it was special because both my kids were old enough to really enjoy it this year. :)

9 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Great Pictures Chels!!!! Love it! I'm sad we missed eachother. Looks like a ton of fun. Next year, we will go together. I LOVE the pic of all the boys on the raft. so sweet! And Kosty, what a little lovey!

Swirls of Happy said...

Chelsea, so so so adorable:) Sounds like you guys had such a fun day! I love all your pics, and love how Brayden tried instructing you on diving...too cute!

Brooklyn said...

ps. The diaper pic is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Bekah: said...

ok your boys are so adorable! kosty is so so cute! the diaper pic is so funny. looks like you guys all had a super fun day!

Brittney said...

wow, sounds like the funnest day ever! i wish we couldve gone to meet you guys to watch the works, but its really not that fun with libby at this age, she was in bed by 845, and i got to hang out with scott and enjoy a night together with him not working! anyway, i am so proud of brayden, what a good uncle zach is, he must look up to him and he seems like a good influence on brayden. cuteness.
i love all the picts of your day!
hope to see you this weekend. ttfn!

Sheba Price said...

Chels what a fun fourth you had! Brayden is swimming, Yeaaa! I love the 'ice fell out of my mouth' comment. Too funny! I do stuff like that all the time. Kosty's diaper looks like it is going to explode! Baby got back! OKAY I kow that was cheesy! Cute Cute Cute Pictures. At least you got one of you and kids! BTW, My Mom and I would love to have you as a member of our family but it doesn't look to shabby on your side either! Good times! P.S. I love this country too!

Chelsea said...

I should clarify...since you all will see him swimming I'm sure! he swims only where he can touch the bottom if needs be! still working on the "deep" parts. But a MAJOR improvement, for HIM!

Heidi said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. You took some great pictures. I am horrible. I didn't get any at all.

Becky said...

What a fun 4th! :) i love koston's face in that last picture! so funny!