Thursday, March 3, 2011

♥ valentines day ♥

Our Valentine's tradition just like most of our traditions, is basically about food & not much else. We never ever go on a Valentine's date. I always get Jer an assortment of his favorite candy bars, and in lieu of roses I always request something more practical like good shampoo. I'm tellin ya, we go big around here. Romantics of the year.

We had our Valentines day breakfast complete with waffles, homemade whipped cream & strawberries (jer's request) and crepes (boys request), {burnt} bacon, and orange juice. I also promised hash brown casserole, but I ran out of time, and it was missed. I always set out little goodie love bags for the boys the morning of. Oh, and Brayden woke me up early to ask what he should wear for the day of love. I said, "whatever you want!" and he answered, "maybe my nice red shirt with buttons." Awe. Awe. Awe. and Awe. Love him. Kosty also sported a red shirt with buttons (because its his school uniform).

After dinner, I wanted to make a dessert we normally don't have, so a new tradition might have been born. Of course its a food tradition, what else? Chocolate fondue. The boys were really excited to stick all sorts of goodies on skewers. And I was proud to dust off the ol' fondue set for the very first time that my mom gave me roughly 5 years ago. Thanks mom!
this was the real picture before the retake. that hurt my neck actually. and that is really what my kitchen looks like after I cook dinner. and those are really plastic ikea bowls. We are sooo fancy.

We played some family games and then we were delightfully surprised when Grandma and Grandpa showed up unexpectedly with Valentine gifts and hugs for the boys. They really are the sweetest.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love how Real you are! Its great and REFRESHING! Love the conversation heart topiary you have on your table! I think I need to make one. :) You guys have such a cute family. Love the all boys.

foreveryoung said...

Ain't nothing wrong with food traditions! And being the female version of Jeremy, I too adore the wide assortment of candy and being the male version of you, Jason got a white dress shirt for his gift. Romance is in the eye of the beholder.