I text this pic to jer when I was at the Dr with Kosty. I believe I said something like "he's never going to be able to wear sunglasses!" Kosty was born with the cutest ears ever, they look like they are pinned to his head. There is simply no space between the head and the ears. He tried and tried to get the string to stay up but those ears just made it impossible. Jer reassured me that he spent all summer in sunglasses.

The next night, I took Brayden on a date. We had dinner and ice cream sundaes and then spent an eternity at Target. After a good couple hours, I told him that we were trying to break a world record of hours spent at the beloved Bullseye. He liked that idea. I don't take him on dates enough. He is a seriously fun kid to hang out with. I sorta felt like he was 16 and it made me happy to realize that him growing up is pretty fun after all. He is just plain cool.
He wore these glasses the whole time we were there. His goal was that someone would mistake him for Justin Beiber. He even turned his 'Patterson Pride' shirt around and pushed the cart around with his chin resting on his arms. He thought that's how Justin would push a Target cart. He did get a lot of looks, but I'm pretty sure they were 'why is that kid wearing sunglasses in Target at night' looks. But he liked it anyway.

Half day lunch date at Costco. Kosty goes to school at 11:30 and Brayden gets out at 11:30 when its half day. I love having him all to myself! He said, "so this is what its like to be Kosty.."

Kosty fell asleep on the way home from his student led conferences last night. He was in his school clothes and had just eaten popcorn and an ice cream bar. Ooh, and an Airhead, yikes. I struggled with the decision of waking a sleeping bear to brush his teeth or not. I decided NOT. He woke up on the right side of the bed and in the best mood ever (for once) and he thought it was pretty cool that he was already dressed for the day. So, we went to the park before school. Second day clothes + playing in the sand = even dirtier clothes. I am learning to let go sometimes... So. He wore those clothes again to school. But he did brush his teeth and hair.

I found a fresh water bottle in the fridge this morning from Jer. He even labeled it. ♥



4 comments:
Awww, the water bottle, so sweet. I've loved starting up the monthly date nights with my kids too, that one on one time is priceless and it is so fun to see how they open up when it's just the two of you.
I love your "letting go" story! That would have been hard for me too. I have let go and allow Bryn to choose her own outfits. Sometimes they are cute, sometimes, how should I say, very unique. She loves animals and her favorite shirt is an indianesque airbrushed wolf pack that someone bought her?! yikes.
On another note, you should bring your boys and come visit our Lemonade Stand this coming week! The kids can play for a bit and we can chat. I'd love to see you (and see what you are wearing ;)
costco has the best fro yo and for like $1.35 for a huge cup of it? best deal ever!
love the pics
So cute and Fun! Your boys are DOLLS! And you look so hot on your date night! Hot mama!
Post a Comment