sunday fun day.
today I woke up, prayed and started my fast.
we were running behind, but I was not about to miss the sacrament (and I needed that bread).
i threw my wet hair in a side bun thingy and got in the car.
kosty tried to get in but his door was locked.
i saw the church bag over on the shelf and asked him to grab it.
he didn't see it, so I got up to tell him nevermind & get it myself.
just then, he found it.
he brought it to me, and he started to close my car door, but he had lego guys in his hand.
he started to adjust them with his other hand and so I proceeded to close my door.
next thing i knew he was screaming, his finger had gotten smashed.
i grabbed him and saw how bad it looked, and rushed him in to clean it up.
i was shaking and so so angry with myself.
my poor little boy. he was trying to help me, and i smashed his finger.
is there anything worse as a parent when you accidentally hurt them? really hurt them? no. there isn't.
i felt sick to my stomach. i so wish i had a rewind button.
forget about the sacrament, he screamed and cried for 30 minutes.
we iced it, and iced it, and cleaned it.
jer kept saying it was oozing, and it made me cringe.
i asked him to stop using that word. i couldn't even look at it after he said that.
it was harder to look at because it was my fault. i caused his pain.
he was so sad, and in so much pain, but sweet and forgiving.
i sat on the couch, with a pit in my stomach, depressed as can be.
i asked brayden to try and cheer him up.
he proceeded to morph into an instant comedian and cracked kosty (and us) up for the next 15 minutes.
laughter really is the best medicine.


3 comments:
Chelsea i have done the same thing!! In a hurry, and slammed the door on Harleys HAND! so it was like 3 fingers! I had to open the door to get his hand out. It was bad. I k now the feeling. it is horrible! Im so sorry you had that happen. :(
so sad.....I hate when they get hurt...and I have decided everyone needs a Brayden around...can I get him this week at our house please??
Ew, oh, ew. Oozing, really? I'm cringing because Maddox smashed his finger in the door and his nail just fell off and I can't even handle looking at his poor little deformed finger. So sad, but don't beat yourself up too much, we've all done things like that, he knows you love him :)
Post a Comment