Brayden chose to do running club this year, and it is fantastic. He stays after school two days a week, runs laps, he gets little feet to add to a necklace for every few miles, gets exercise, and the best part: its FREE. He has had 2 running club races where the kids who qualify get to go to the high school and run against 4 other schools. Its not real clear how many are competing, but for the sake of his 169th place, I'll estimate 500ish kids :) I felt bad, but I actually laughed out loud when he showed me his number. At first I just saw the 69 because his finger was covering up the 1. I had no idea that is how they were doing it. I assumed he would get placed out of only 2nd graders but apparently they just hand numbers to every kid that crosses the finish line K-6. Maybe some of you other running club moms can give me the scoop. I didn't care enough to investigate, and he got over the sting real quick when he tasted that Popsicle. On another note: when jer came home and saw what Brayden was wearing (a pair of stiff skinny jeans) he looked at me with horror. I guess I was supposed to bring him a pair of running shorts to change into in the car? for the second race I did send him in shorts and he got 91st place. Maybe jer was on to something after all...


3 comments:
lol! stiff skinny jeans. lol. way to go brayden! i bed he sleeps like a baby those two days a week.
LOL! Yeah you need to bring him some running clothes. :) But it looked like they were all hiking in jeans too. So maybe he likes running in jeans.
Jeans?? Ha, ha! Nice job Brayden, it looks like he's taking after his mama :) I wish they didn't have practice before school at CTA, it's dark and freezing so I never let my kids do it, but the races look like so much fun!
Post a Comment