Tuesday, February 8, 2011

as i was going to bed just now, i was thinking about the day and I knew that I really needed to record this, sweet & simple as it is.

This morning, Brayden was looking and feeling worse. His fever 103, his eyes bloodshot, his lips bloody, he was listless, dehydrated, and splotchy. He hadn't eaten all day the day before so I was trying to entice his appetite by giving him a big list of breakfast options. As I was rattling off the menu, he quietly spoke up in his raspy little voice....."I like your hair."

i went to bed the night before with towel dried, damp hair. this morning it was awful. frizzy, tangled, unparted. My jaw slightly dropped, and I laughed, a little embarrassed by how bad it was. But he was so sincere. This boy is just the sweetest person to ever walk the earth, I am convinced. And when he's sick, for some reason, he is even sweeter. He never complains, he just lies there and says only 'thank you' for every measly thing I try to do to comfort him. Love love love him.




6 comments:

Stefanie said...

i love bubba

Brittney said...

BUBBA!!- tyson
we wuv dat bubba. - libby
he is the sweetest boy. poor thing.

Bekah: said...

He is so sweet. Hope he is better now!

And yes we are so close! Lets plan something!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

he can marry Taylin then. they'd be a perfect match with their sweetness. really.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

ps, can you please send kosty over to get brody to attempt his lego set?? he hasn't touched it since his bday. and those things AREN'T CHEAP!

foreveryoung said...

Oh, that boy is pure sweetness!