Tuesday, February 15, 2011

family hike.


a few weekends ago, we hiked the San Tan mountain. Every day when we drop Brayden off at school, Kosty talks about how he wants to hike that mountain. The night before the hike, I told them we would be hiking THAT mountain in the morning and Kosty looked like I just told him Santa was coming again. He was SO excited and had a hard time falling asleep. This hike was super steep towards the top and pretty difficult for me, let alone a little shrimp like Kosty. He struggled a bit and then said he liked the other mountain better. I hope it didn't ruin his love of hiking. The top was a little anticlimactic I have to say. There wasn't much room and there were a lot of hikers, but mostly is was awkward because there was an older couple at the top that were trying to have this romantic picnic; complete with champagne in glasses, cheese, crackers, and grapes. I bet they loved us sitting right by them with our snacks :) At least it was fun 'overhearing' their conversation.

11 comments:

Stefanie said...

did you know hiking is my most favorite thing ever?
let's gooo!

Nichols Family said...

You should come with me and Angie to hike Camelback next time! But I do love the San tan mountain...I need to take my kids before it gets too hot and the rattlesnakes appear!

kate said...

cool! i love, love, love hiking!

i have two other things to say:

1. daaaaaaaaang girl look at your arms! smokin'
2. i love that jer is wearing jeans. that is so landon. he doesn't own a pair of basketball shorts and won't be caught dead in his sweats by anyone but me. he's crazy.

Brittney said...

We are going hiking again friday am. What mountain are you talking about? we should plan a hiking trip you me and stef. that would be fun. lib and tyson arent the best hikers, but we try to make a game out of it to keep libby interested, and tyson, well, he just complains the entire time. hoping he will grow out of it. btw, you look great chel.

Brittney said...

ps will you change my brittney williams photography picture on your side bar? I dont care what to, maybe a recent shot, just not that one! please. thanks.

foreveryoung said...

I'm so glad you were finally able to make the hike. I should have warned you about the steep parts, but just think of all the amazing stuff it did to your glutes. I guess this means I should forget my plans of romanticizing with Jason at the top of the mountain, it might be a little too cheezy for his taste-ha!

Bekah: said...

SO funny! Kate and I are totally sisters. I was going to comment on your smokin' body too, specifically your arms! I swear we Denhalter's cannont get arm definition like that! You look amazing Chelsea! What gym do you go to? I go to Lifetime and need a gym buddy!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

We want a new location...we've been hiking silly mountain. I want to know the exact entrance for that mountain! LOOKS LIKE FUN! I love living our here by all of these beautiful mountains.
ps- nice arms girl!

Brittney said...

xoxo. thanks:) good choice!

Suni said...

What a fun family activity! Did you see snakes? Can I please have your arms??

Suni said...

What a fun family activity! Did you see snakes? Can I please have your arms??