








We went camping over Labor Day weekend, for the FIRST time as a family! Jer has taken the boys to father n sons but this was my first time. And it was my first time ever sleeping in a tent. (That I recall). We went with our friends and neighbors and I was excited to go with some more experienced families (aka men with guns). I have been telling Jer for a long time now that I want to be an outdoorsy hiking & camping family, so I got to put my money where my mouth was. The other families were staying two nights but I only committed to one, not knowing how much of a "camping family" we would turn out to be. We got there later than we hoped, but set up our tent, ate dinner, made smores, put the kids down, then sat and chatted by the fire with our friends. Then it was time for bed.I went pee in the bushes right before I went to sleep.
3:00 AM: I had to go again.
5:00 AM: Brayden had to go.
Going pee in the middle of the night in the dark and scary woods alone = not my favorite. Some of our friends brought their dogs and with every bark, I worried WHAT it was they were barking at. Not the best nights sleep! So the next morning, we ate breakfast, hiked, played with the blow dart, BB gun, the boys caught a horny toad, and we played in the creek. Then we rode quads, which was super fun, and stayed until 7 and decided to go home and sleep in our own beds. Smart move.


5 comments:
I'm glad we could be a part of your virgin camping trip! Yeah, I decided I only want to go camping when Scott's there (aka, man with the guns-ha!). Nothing personal, Jay. fun times, fun times.
Looks like so much fun! I have been wanting to do the same with my family! I cant remember sleeping in a tent either!! EVER!! So we might go beach camping this fall. I will try that out and let you know how it goes. :)
How fun! Yeah, I'm with you...one nights good! Looks like you guys enjoyed it!
Do you ever NOT look cute! not fair! you look adorable even camping! :P
Fun times on the campout even though you only made it one night-like us!!!
Post a Comment