Thursday, September 23, 2010

my artist






Kosty is obsessed with drawing. It makes me so happy to see him take his paper & pencil with him wherever he goes. He even spent a lot of time drawing while we were camping. He draws in the car, at church, while watching TV, every chance he gets.

On a side note: He is doing SO well in school, and I feel bad that I was so worried about his behavior going into school. I really stressed about it. He is a fiery little spitball at home with me. But his teacher often emails and tells me when I see her how well behaved he is and what a great leader he is in class. I'm SO relieved. He also claims to "hate" homework, even though its the very first thing he wants to do when he gets home, or lately, he can't even wait till we get home, he has a clipboard in the car & he does it right when I pick him up. He also gets very good reports from his church teacher and gets the "reverent" sticker every week.

Which leads me to seriously wonder....who is this kid fooling? them or me?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That is how Ryker is! He LOVES to draw at all times!! That means they are SUPER smart!!!
I love your chalk board on the wall. Did you make it? If so, I would like to know how. :)
And Im laughing at all his silly bands. Such a crazy things those are. Our school stopped allowing them. I guess all the trading of them was distracting in class. Ha ha! IM glad it's over in my house.

Lynsi said...

I had those same thoughts with KK when she started school..I was sure she would stir it up a bit, just like at home! BUT I remember our first parent teacher conference... we were wondering what child they were talking about when they said she was a rule follower, and kept everyone else in line. She was all business when it came to school, funny stuff!

Lynsi said...

I seriously love his hair by the way, he looks all grown up!

Janet said...

koston, you look like a grown up boy drawing on your paper!! are you liking school? keep up the great work kosty!! love you grammi