Wednesday, January 27, 2010

design on a dime.




I totally forgot about this post. Last year sometime, I got the itch to redo our bonus room and really make it a toy room. Jeremy longed for it to be a theatre room, and well...that just wasn't happening. The toys accumulated and his theatre fund depreciated. So glad I could finally convince him this is what we needed to do. I was trying to think of colors that would be gender neutral and I came across these swatches. They were my inspiration.
Brayden was thrilled to bits about the new project and stuck with it from beginning to end.
Even Kosty hopped on a paint can and went to work.
I love this. Those cute little feet balancing on a paint can, ahhh.

We had originally painted it dark chocolate brown when it was still thought of as a future theatre room by some....so we had to prime and paint the top section. Then Jer did a lovely chair rail which didn't take him but an hour. I was amazed.
Brayden took a short break from painting and crashed on the couch mid day. He has NEVER done that before.

I so wish I could've found that adorable Ikat pattern for the curtains, but the Ikea orange curtains and toy cubbies were all the budget would allow. I still want to get some more art work on the walls and a big area rug. But for now, its done.


6 comments:

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

1.Way to stick to the budget b/c you still ended up with an equally adorable toy room. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
A toy room is just an essential. Sorry Jeremy...I'm with Chelsea on this one.
2.Jenna's baby boy is too cute for words. Just precious. And you look like a pro holding him. Your turn will come...
3.Miss your face and I we're currently looking for houses out in Gilbert so hopefully we're neighbors by summer :)

Nichols Family said...

Wow! I like it! Neat colors too.

Did you get the email I sent you about Feb 5th?

Jenna Lee said...

Love the play room...and can jer come give us just an hour and do that in my babies room please....I have wanting that since we moved in and yep don't think the hubby is goingt to do it!!

Elliot and Cami said...

Great job! It turned out very cute.
I DREAM of a playroom. Someday!

Anonymous said...

i really like it!

Alison said...

Love it! That blue paint makes me happy. :)