Tuesday, January 19, 2010

resolutions.

I should've mentioned my resolutions. I have just one this time. I quit my gym membership because I was only using it once a week for yoga. Waste of money, and I was tired of the guilt that I wasn't keeping up with cardio. I really miss yoga. BUT. I started running outside. Its so nice to be able to wake up and go for a run where I feel free, on the pavement. No wonder I hated cardio so much, the treadmill is awful. Plain excruciatingly boring.

I have bad lungs so I thought I could never be able to be an outside runner. But I am taking baby steps and today was a breakthrough. I didn't want to check my time every two seconds. And I actually sort of liked it.

Steam (stress) comes out my ears.
The cool, crisp air feels incredible.
The sun shining on my face makes me happy.
I love blasting my ipod and not hearing myself breathe.
The street just after a rain feels clean and fresh.
Negativity leaves, positivity takes over.
My head becomes so clear.
I come home feeling refreshed, strong, and ready to start the day.
I want to be a better mom/wife/person.

I so need this right now. I think this time I will keep a resolution. (please don't mention summer...)

p.s. I have no idea how many miles or even if I've been running a single mile at all, ha. I made a goal to start with 15 minutes of straight running. Remember, baby steps. Today I went past 20 without stopping. This is big for me. I really want to stick with it.

And I've been able to continue yoga at home. All by myself, when no one is here. Peaceful.







7 comments:

Brittney said...

first of all, i like your signature at the bottom of your post...next, i have been battling with the idea of my resolutions, because there seems to be so many, i really need to pick 5 and stick with them. you inspire me in a lot of ways, and this post also made me proud of you, 20 minutes without stopping??!! thats wonderful!!! i ran for a while yesterday, but i know it had to have been 5 minutes, and felt like 20. i bet running will only make your lungs better! i also agree this week is the best week to run, there is nothing better than blasting the ipod, and running in the damp cool air. see you tmrw!

Tawny Antelman said...

You and me both sister!!!!
Thats my Goal for this year is running more and I just starting running again this week. Little bit at a time... I got to get in shape for my wedding!!! ha

And..I wanna do a Half marathon sometime in the near future!!!
Loved the post, agree with everything you say! I turn the music almost as loud as it can go haha

Lynsi said...

yeah the treadmill is no good! Before you know it, you'll be training for a marathon!

Anonymous said...

ah. i love running. you described it perfectly. winter here, summer there. i just have to go at like 2 in the afternoon on the really cold days... :)

foreveryoung said...

dang you, why are you trying to make me miss running?!? Can't a girl just hibernate all winter long in peace with no guilt?

Suni said...

I agree about the treadmill, I feel like I might go crazy when I get on one! Way to go on the running, I so wish I could like running!!

Bekah: said...

There are some really great Yoga videos on youtube and I like thesecretsofyoga.com