I planted myself in the office with a mission in mind, and there was no time for distractions.
10 years worth of our lives in our filing cabinets. Needed to be gutted, cleaned & organized .
I have to admit it was pretty entertaining to stumble upon a stack of credit card statements from my first ever credit card. It was the card I got my junior or senior year and used it throughout dating, engagement, and our first year of marriage. I was a good girl & paid it off each month, it only had a {measly}$500 limit. We/I certainly did a lot of eating out...Schlotzskys, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, etc... And I certainly wasted a lot of money at one particular store...Abercrombie & Fitch. Whoa nellie, just about $100-200 a month on that place. I had two ginormous piles, one to be shredded, and one to recycle. I still have to shred pile #1. That might take me a while. I miss the days of when I worked at the bank & could just drop my stuff in the giant bank shredder. I also found our paperwork from our first house. $812.41. That was our mortgage. So sad we left that bless-ed place.
Kosty is the perfect kid to have around on days like this, (after I built a giant complicated lego ship) he played for hours with that & then outside in the nude, in the dirt. His favorite spot. He takes trucks & action figures out there & just plays and plays. Today he even came inside with a major tan. I love my little outside boy. And I'm so glad to put these papers & junk behind me!
Brayden had soccer practice, so Jer took him while I cooked dinner in a quiet, empty kitchen. Kosty, of course was out in the dirt (for round 3). I think it just might break his little heart if we ever do finish our yard & cover his beloved dirt with gravel.
Potato soup for dinner, I'm so happy its finally Fall-ish and we can have soup again. Our Halloween decorations are up and we're just waiting for the cooler weather.
I forgot to mention, Kosty totally pulled a *Lauren today in the backyard, but in his defense, he was naked so I can see how it 'just happened'. Nasty.
It was a good & productive day. I am so grateful I can be at home.

11 comments:
what on earth is a *Lauren??
that sounds like a very productive day...i know its been on your mind to get done for some time now, and all it took was to get started, and wha-la, its done. i look forward to the day i can also do that to my office. instead of keeping it clean and organized, i clean it every 6-12 months, and let it add up again, only to do it again.
i love kosty running around outside for round 3, thats hilarious. its a good thing our kids keep themselves entertained...i am grateful libby does that as well.
now, i only wish we couldve seen a picture of the finished project! how is bray doing with soccer too? i cant wait for that age...i bet he is so cute out there. did he ever lose that tooth?
britt. click the link. duh. ;)
OH!!! lauren.....LOL:)how could i forget that post?!
What a day!!!
Hey, I still work at a bank with a HUGE shred bin, keep that in mind if you wanna bring that pile of "needs to be shredded" stuff to the weddings thrs or Fri!!! hahaha or you can sit and shred them all one by one, but THAT doesnt seeem very fun!
glad someone in the family has their finances straightened out. And tell that kosty that i am gonna join him in the mud! just not the crapfest.
kthanksbye
Sounds like a productive day! That reminds me that I need to get Halloween stuff out... And what a wonderful thing that Kosty plays outside. My boys can't figure it out!!
You have motivated me! I have a pile...no, mountain...of "office things" that really need to be sorted too! I just kind of try not to look at it everyday! And I am with you on the rejoicing for soup, I feel like now that it's 'September' we can make soup and wear boots again finally :)
You finally did it, yay! I bet you feel like a new woman. Oh no, not the LAUREN!! Kosty the exhibitionist.
Lol. Lauren. What a Party Pooper. Literally.
-Chase the Blog Stalker.
Serioulsy those ARE the best kind of days. I loVe it when everything is feeling totally organized and clean at the end of the day, doesn't stay like that for very long at my house!
haha you FUNny chasey
Post a Comment