I stared at them at dinner. I wanted the scene burned in my mind forever. Is there anything cuter than dimpled, laughing faces? Shiny, twinkling eyes? Missing teeth and spaced out ones? Wet shaggy hair and jammies? I think not.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Sentimental lately. I'm sure its because the birthdays are coming up, and soon. I tend to do this around their birthdays. These boys have been sleeping in their bunk beds. Finally. I tell you there is no sweeter sound than listening to them laughing hysterically and whispering before bed. I must say how much it pains my heart to see Kosty's room empty at night though. A completely empty room. When we picked Brayden up from school, Kosty said, "Bubba, guess what! I got some new paint brushes we can share." I love how excited he gets over things like a $.99 pack of paint brushes. Before Brayden's soccer practice, Kosty insisted he put on an entire soccer uniform just like Bubba. He isn't signed up for soccer yet but he wears Brayden's old uniform & cleats to every practice. Brayden shared with us that he was victim of some teasing on the playground. Some kids saw his underwear and said, "You have Monkey underwear!" It hurt his feelings, he said, so he made up a lie to get them to stop. He said he didn't know what else to do, but it worked. He told them there was a war against boys & girls and that instead of teasing him they needed to work together against the girls. It broke my heart to see his sad face as he told the story. Jer and I were tyring to come up with the best advice for teasing. We had some bad ideas & a good one that ended up making him laugh really hard. We told him when someone teases him, steal a line from Willy Wonka, interrupt them and say, "MUMBLER! I don't understand a word you are saying." Then just walk away. (If you've seen the Johnny Depp version of the movie, you get it). He liked that idea best. We role played it a few times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
bray and kosty are such good kids bc they have such a good mom!
way to be!
I like that advice, I may have to steal it! I love how Kosty ADORES everything Brayden does, I hope that's how Jayden and Maddox are.
Post a Comment