Wednesday, June 24, 2009

the surprise


So as I mentioned in the last post, I had promised Brayden a super fun surprise on the last day of school. We picked him up and drove straight to the Arizona Grand Resort, formerly the Pointe at South Mountain. We pulled up to the hotel and he said, "We're staying here?" with a worried and sad look on his face. Oh, crap. When I told him about all the fun to be had, he said, "But I just like HOME. Home sweet home." We checked in, went down to the lobby and ate dinner, then we went to their water park for a while, then went back to our room, ate popcorn, and watched a late movie. The next morning, we all slept in, got in our swimsuits and checked out at noon. We went across the street for brunch and then back to the hotel's water park and spent the entire day. They have 3 huge slides, a lazy river, a wave pool, splash pad, and toddler pool. When we got home that night and put the kids to bed, I heard sobbing in Brayden's room. When I went to check on him, he said, "I... miss... our... hotel." He sobbed for almost an hour. At least he ended up loving it.


the view from our balcony

a little bed jumping and wrestling

popcorn and a movie


Two very snuggly boys

Breakfast at Denny's in our swimsuits....yikes


11 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Those "staycations" are the best and you may have cured Brayden of his homesickness! That sleeping picture is adorable, what a perfect little getaway. And PS, you thought Tori Spelling was bad, atleast it's not Amy Weinhouse ;)

foreveryoung said...

Shouldn't you be in bed already?? Oh wait, your kids let you sleep in all day. You suck. Hey, don't diss on Amy, she's a fine role model for all young women. Have a good night!

Stefanie said...

oh man this place looks like fun!
i want to go! how come i never knew about this place? was it a secret? guess so!

Anonymous said...

how fun!


i wish i could say the good news. but i should give her the chance.... ;)

Anonymous said...

...that being said. if you happened to guess, i would lie or anything.

Anonymous said...

You are such a fun mommy! That looks like a blast! I'm glad you guys got to have so much fun! - and you are adorable!

Brittney said...

how stinkin fun!!! i love all those pictures, it looks like a very fun place for a family vacation! i love how snugly they were in bed.

Suni said...

What a fun little getaway and a great surprise too! Cute pictures!!

Swirls of Happy said...

Love all the pics! Looks like you guys had a blast..what a fun little getaway :) We are going here on Friday till Sunday for the 4th and I cant wait...I heard it is a blast!

Alisa Larson said...

Fun! I think this is the same resort my sisters and mom are going to next month for an overnight. How were the rooms?

Michelle Y. said...

What a great idea, I have heard great things about that place and I hope to go there some day.