

The last two weeks of school really drug on. Brayden started crying again in the mornings and he counted down every second till summer. I promised him a super fun surprise on the last day. I was sad that they weren't doing the typical stage graduation, instead each class had their own presentations inside their classrooms. But it ended up being really special. Ms. Wahla gave a little speech and she got all choked up and started crying which made me to cry too. She said she couldn't have asked for a more special group of kids for her first year teaching... I never knew it was her first year. Anyway, after their songs, she told a little something sweet about each of the kids' personalities and then the kids all guessed the person she was talking about as they went up to get their certificate. About Brayden she said, "this person is our star reader...he has been a guest reader many times and read to our class...every single day after lunch, he picks up all the trash on all the tables and underneath the tables without ever being asked." All the kids shouted, "BRAYDEN!" I knew he was a great reader but when she said the part about the trash, I was not thinking it was him. Although come to think of it, he does pick up trash at every park and public place we go to. It was lovely. Kindergartners are simply adorable. They're like one big family, all friends, all cute, kind, and know each other's personalities so well.

Here he is during the songs. He gets SUPER embarrassed when he has to sing in front of people, as you can tell.

Jack, Brayden, and Sam (his best school buddies. Gosh he's tall).

Brayden and Katie (his crush. He revealed his secret to my little sister Erika one night when she was babysitting. She bribed him that he could stay up later if he told her his crush. He made her promise to NEVER tell me) ;)
9 comments:
haha that's funny. when i babysat, i told brayden that if he wanted to stay up later, he would have to read me two books. So he did, and let me just say...I was sooo impressed! he is definitely a star reader and way too smart for his own good. And he's tall. Wow he is already getting girls..somehow that doesn't surprise me :)
oh yeh for Brayden that school is over!!! He looks so much bigger than all of the other kids... and the family picture at his class is a cute one!!
HOLY COW BRAYDEN IS TALLLLL! I never realized how tall he is, he is growing up SOOOOOOOOOO fast!
He's got good taste too, his crush is very cute!!
YAY brayden for graduating!
How adorable! He sounds like such a star student and great kid! I love that he already has crushes! I can't believe he's getting so old and so tall! He is such a handsome little boy!
Brayden is such a little stud! I love, like you said, how kindergarten is when everybody is friends and they all are like a little family. Why can't it stay like that forever!
He's got good taste, she's a cutie :) What a sweet thing of his teacher to point out nice things about each kid, and so funny about the trash. You've got him trained well!
I know Kindergarten graduations are so sad!! I am glad to hear I wasn't the only one who cried!! I know Kindergarten is too cute if only school and the kids could stay that way forever!!
so i just read landon all your funny sayings on your sidebar.
"is curtlevick a word?... well it should be." is about the funniest thing we've ever heard.
You are so busted for posting his secret!! She is a cutie! So is he!
Post a Comment