took one homesick little boy to school, but I felt grateful because he can go to school.
I came home and made breakfast for another cute little boy, and I felt grateful that I could.
I started my laundry for the day, and I felt grateful I have a washer.
I cleaned my bathrooms while talking to a good friend..she always makes it go faster. And I felt grateful for my friends.
I made my bed and looked over at my husbands mess, but I felt grateful that I have a loving husband.
I vacuumed, dusted, and picked up toys, and I felt grateful that I have a home.
I gave in to one "hungwy" little boy when he ate all his food and requested mine at lunch, and I felt grateful that I have a hungry growing boy.
I cooked & cleaned & folded clothes, and I felt grateful for a healthy functioning body that can.
I played Twister with my boy (who only likes the yellow spots) and I felt grateful for his energy.
I laid him down for a nap, and I felt grateful for his peaceful sleep.
I watched his dimpled face as he laughed at the table, and I felt so grateful I could see.
Mondays are the most hectic day of the week for me. But after watching Seven Pounds this weekend, and also an episode of Friday Night Lights where one of the main characters becomes paralyzed, I am feeling a lot less stressed and a lot more grateful for my life. Very grateful.

12 comments:
i need to see that movie so i can be that grateful!! i am, but sometimes you forget like how blessed you are to be able to do laundry, and clean bathrooms! refreshing post.
Wow! That is so beautiful! Thank you for that. I think I'll have to my own thankful post on a day that seems so hectic- every day now it seems. Thanks, Chelsea!
Was sevon pounds a good movie?!?!?!
I want to see it!
Perfect post. I can't wait to see Seven Pounds.
Tawny, I couldn't decide if I loved it or hated it. Very sad but I really couldn't get it out of my head! It made me think.
great post!!!
love it, thanks for helping me to remember how lucky we are
I was complaining about my feet on my blog today and then I remembered your post and that I ought to stop whining about them and be glad I HAVE feet. Thanks for keeping it real. :)
What a wonderful post and perfect reminder of how blessed we all are for the simple everyday things!
HAPPY MAMA'S DAY TODAY!!!!!!!
xoxo
I need reminders like this, thanks! And I'm flattered I made the list of friends you talk to on cleaning day, you're the only one that can get me through the toilets!
Great outlook!
Post a Comment