Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years


Oh boy, New Years made me feel like a kid again. For the first time in our married lives, we actually stayed out and partied past midnight, without the chitlens!! Thanks to Chuck and Susan who entertained our boys all night long. We started the night with Valkyrie, the movie, with a group of friends. Great movie, very depressing ending. Luckily we went straight to dinner afterwards with the Lee's and got our minds off of it quick. We went to Outback and had a very leisurely stay, thanks to out pokey waiter. Then we went to a little party and played a game and toasted at midnight with some Martinelli's. It felt great to be a teenager again!

The kids sure didn't suffer. Chuck, Susan, and Cede took them to see Desperaux, to dinner at In N Out, and then they played games until midnight when they went outside to watch their neighbor's fireworks show & bang on pots and pans. Grandpa said it was the best New Year's he's had in years. Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!(Aunt Cede and Brayden in their unintentionally matching shirts, Brayden was less than thrilled.)

I just got done reading my step sister Jaime's blog about how we all make resolutions for our spouses, I have to say majorly GUILTY to that one! My number one goal(s) for my honey is to quit drinking soda and to be NEATER. I often give him a hard time because our bedroom is so clean minus his side of the bed, his nightstand, his side of the dresser, bathroom, and closet!! And I am so stubborn, that I just clean "my side" and leave his for him to do. Sometimes I even make just my side of the bed, how awesome am I? haha. After 8 years of working on him, I don't think much has changed in that area. He is doing really good with the no soda though, and anyone that knows Jer, knows how much he loves his Coke. He's gone 2 full days without it, that's HUGE for him! Now that I think of it, he didn't make any resolutions for me, see, he's too nice. I think I'll ask him to make me some, its only fair ;)

I do make them for myself though. I am committing to hitting the gym 3x a week...yoga once a week is all I've been doing for a while now. I suck at cardio in a big way. The other day I had to stop & slow it waaaay down after less than 5 minutes, pathetic! I just don't think my body is designed for it, could that be possible? ;) I wish. Also committing to finishing my Blurb book in the next month for all of 2008, reading my scriptures more often and more thoroughly, putting more into my calling, and more into FHE. Oh, after almost 8 years of teaching the 13 year olds Sunday School, Jer and I finally got released and put into the Sunbeams, with Kosty as one of our students. I'm excited for a new change, but will miss Relief Society. I think I am most excited about the adorable three year olds, who couldn't love em, and that we are switching from one degree of immaturity to another. Three year olds are allowed to be immature though. We have such a cute class. I think that's it for now, Happy 2009 everyone!!

12 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

Ok, I got your calling and you got mine!! I have to say I think I like the Sunbeams better. I am so intimidated of the youth and I know I need to get over it and that is probably why I have this calling. I could have been in Primary forever, I am very comfortable there.

Chelsea said...

haha michelle!! so sorry! they are stinkers those 12/13 year old boys, I tell you what! I was hoping they would be really good for you and Craig though, because you two are as sweet as they come! were they terrible?

Michelle Y. said...

Ok, it was so weird. I walked into the class and there were about 10 girls and maybe 5 boys, then I left the class before it started just for 1 minute and all of the boys but one were gone and all of the girls were there. So I don't know if they all ditched or what...so weird. I love the girls but I am SO scared of those 13 year old boys! I am so worried they won't like me, isn't that dumb. Now I am really worried after they all left :)

foreveryoung said...

Jeremy always looks so much taller in pictures than he does in real life! You guys are quite the little party animals, what a fun night. I was totally cracking up about your resolutions for Jeremy. I was so excited that this house had his/her closets so that I wouldn't have to deal with his mess. I'm dying to get in there and clean it because it drives me crazy, but I kept hoping that one day he'll surprise me and clean it. After 2 years in our house I've finally given up and for Christmas I gave him one of those cheezy coupon books and you better believe I included a coupon for a free closet cleaning!

Shanen said...

You guys will be great in Sumbeams and I can't believe you are working on your blurb book. I am scared to even attempt it, so I just keep putting it off. Help...

marcee said...

Chelsea, you crack me up. I've never even thought to have resolutions for Lance- but I TOTALLY do the stubborn thing, too. I clean the ENTIRE house and leave his little piles of clothes for days until I can't stand it any longer.

PS- We are so excited to have you guys teaching Lilee. After I left her in there totally pouting, I thought how fun it would be to have a calling with Lance again.

Becky said...

jer looks like a GIANT in that first picture! hee.hee. Sound like the boys had a blast! Cute grandparents!

Jenna Lee said...

I am so glad you guys decided to go out and bring in the new years with your favorite people. I am also so glad that my hubby is always so entertaining for you.... we need to have more date nights!!

Tawny Antelman said...

hahahaha I like Jennas comment about Kevin always being so entertaining to you.. cuz its sooo true you crack up at everything he says!!
Cute pictures of you guys bringing in the New Year!! :) Looks like you guys had fun!!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Hey you...beautiful pics and great post. Just thought I'd finally comment. :)

Brittney said...

ditto on brooke's comment, lol, i read this post the other day and didnt comment, dont know why i am feeling so blah about commenting these days, but it looks like you had a lot of fun, and i cant believe the boys stayed up till midnight! what fun grandparents:) i long for the day when we can do a new years eve party again! but i know from here on out, i will be cleaning and getting ready for libbys birthday parties instead of partying till the wee hours of the morn.
happy new year:)

Angie Whitman said...

hey, do you have to be blonde to hang out on New Years with you?? J/K!!:) Looks like a fun time!