Sunday, January 25, 2009

weekend highlights

birthday lunch with jenna and braxton...

...then finding this gem at Savers. This adorable {30+ years OLD} Fisher Price wind up record player. I had to have it. And the boys LOVE it, they took it everywhere we went this weekend. {Once upon a time I often teased my step mom for shopping thrift stores, well now its one of my favorite things to do... just not the one in downtown mesa, that one stinks real bad}. Its like a treasure hunt, you never know what you will find! For now, Kosty is my trusty thrift shopper partner in crime. He loves it.
A healthy dinner at Mickey D's and Bahama Bucks

oh, getting my hair chopped off for the first time in 6 years. Poor Crystal, I was not a very confident client that day...at first I said just chop my bangs again (after finally growing them out!) I love/hate bangs. Then I told her, skip the bangs, just chop my hair...and finally I made up my dang mind. I know it doesn't look like a big change, but it feels so different washing this short hair in the shower and putting it in a ponytail is pretty strange too.And last but not least...the boys decorating their faces right before church. (side note: "washable" markers wipe right off of surfaces, yes, but not right off of faces). Kosty's came off pretty good, but his hair was green from Brayden rubbing his face in it. Brayden was still very green when we went to church, even after nearly rubbing his skin off with a soapy washcloth.

9 comments:

Tawny Antelman said...

hahahahhahaahahhaaha I LOVE the picture of them drawing on themselves... Brayden really got to it! :) Made me chuckle!!


Your hair looks really cute.. i cant tell a big difference in length but Im sure I will be able to once I look at an older pic of you!

Brittney said...

LOLOL~ hilarious that his face was green, yes, green is not that easy to wipe off of skin. that is quite the GEM! in mint condition too, i wanna go with you next time to the thrift store for sure! i love your hair, its really cute, and still long enough that you can curl it like that, looks really good!

Suni said...

What a fun weekend. Your hair is cute!! I just chopped mine and went super blonde, I needed a change.

Pam Jorgensen said...

I LOVE that record player! I had one as a kid! Camp Town Racers was my favorite song on it! So fun!

And every child needs to go to church with marker, white out, or tatoos on their face!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! I totally had one of those record players! Wow, I can't believe the memory flashbacks I am having right now. I am so envious that you found one. Did it come with all of the little records too?

Anonymous said...

P.S. If it's okay me asking, how much did you end up getting it for? (Just curious!)

Chelsea said...

Monika,
yes! it came with all the colorful records, and it was only $5.99.

foreveryoung said...

I can't believe they did that right before church! Of all the Sundays to miss....I would have loved seeing the Shrek version of Brayden! I think your hair turned out so cute, but seriously, when have you NOT looked great??

Anonymous said...

You're kidding!?!? I was looking at some vintage Fisher Price toys on Ebay a few weeks ago and one of those suckers was topping out at like $35! (There was a few Buy It Nows for $45+) Craaaaazy! Good job though. I am envious! : )